Login
register search gameSlave

Jonathon Ross
Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
29 October 2008 19:15 Reply (Quote this message)
Anyone else thinking this whole Jonathon Ross and Russell Brand thing is being blown out of proportion ? From what I've read they had only 2 complaints at the time of the broadcast but now the newspapers have got hold of it the complaints have increased daily. Andrew Sachs said he didn't want to take it any further too and that an apology was enough. I mean his grandaughters band is called "satanic sluts" so I'm pretty sure they could have taken it as a joke.

ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
29 October 2008 19:29 Reply (Quote this message)
I think it has taken more of a spotlight than it should have but I ****ing hate Russell Brand and what they did was so utterly stupid I'm surprised the BBC even showed it. Talk about a bad call from them, lol. I knwo we all make mistakes but thats one epic fail mistake. It was 100% bullying and I didn't find it funny in the slightest tbh

Anyway, that being said, there are more important things that the news and papers should focus on!

Woof, I'm a clown!
Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
29 October 2008 19:34 Reply (Quote this message)
Yup, public apology is perhaps quite enough.

What they did was pathetic and childish and as Ralinn says, a form of bullying but it has been blown out of all proportion now.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
29 October 2008 19:37 Reply (Quote this message)
Oh yeah i'm not saying it was right what they did. Russell Brand is funny at time but other times he's an idiot. They just got caught up in messing around together on the show. One thing though, the whole show was recorded.. which means that Andrew had the message on his answering machine before it was aired. Surely if he felt that upset about it he'd have made a scene before they aired it. That's what makes me think that the media has blown it way out of proportion.

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
29 October 2008 19:42 Reply (Quote this message)
Oh and if you go and read the comments on the stories on the actual newspapers websites it's full of people just saying to get rid of them both because they don't find them funny at all. I'm sorry but that's not anything to do with what happened, that's them voicing their hate for a show they don't have to watch or listen to in the first place.

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
29 October 2008 20:55 Reply (Quote this message)
Jonathon ross is turning into a bit of a bully, he kinda bullied Daniel craig into giving him his watch on his tv show.

shagnastie

The thread resurrection kid

Forum rank 4 out of 5
29 October 2008 23:13  Edited by shagnastie on 29-Oct-08 at 23:14 Reply (Quote this message)
J Ross does the same ol thing week in week out on his Tv show - even though i do Sky + its pretty much toilet humour most of the time... I still watch it as do millions more..

Hes on about £16 mil a year isnt he?? they're hardly gunna get rid of him, as for Brand...... I just don't like him.. Altho he is a master pork swordsman

The Legend in his own underpants - Sssshagnastie!!
Scrappy

Uber sex0r?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
29 October 2008 23:58 Reply (Quote this message)
I've worked with Andrew Sachs many times and I can't understand how anyone who knows him would ever find joking about ****ing his granddaughter funny. It was bang out of order, it crossed the line, should never have been aired but most importantly should never have been left on his answerphone in the first place.

Andrew Sachs is a very sweet old man who would never do anything to hurt or offend anyone else.

shagnastie

The thread resurrection kid

Forum rank 4 out of 5
30 October 2008 09:23 Reply (Quote this message)
lets be honest tho - the young lady involved is loving all the press her band is now getting, and no doubt in the next few weeks a single or album will be released. Stuff like this always works out for the victim in the end

The Legend in his own underpants - Sssshagnastie!!
Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
30 October 2008 11:16 Reply (Quote this message)
Yeah lol, he's pretty much said an apology is enough but it's her taking it really far for publicity. If it was really that bad to her she'd have gone to a lawyer instead of Max Clifford

chowding

Forum rank 1 out of 5
30 October 2008 17:07 Reply (Quote this message)
i thought it was a live show...it's recorded as a podcast but it's live on radio 2 in the first place isn't it?

And Ross is on £18 million, so they're not about to get rid of him. They'll just keep him suspended until people stop caring.

chowding

Forum rank 1 out of 5
30 October 2008 19:17 Reply (Quote this message)
oh ignore me, it wasnt live, and he's on 6 million a year. its an 18 million 3 year contract. so pretty much everything i said was wrong.

still stick by the sentiment that they're over-reacting though

JamSam

Boyo

Forum rank 3 out of 5
30 October 2008 20:58 Reply (Quote this message)
They've apologized, he's accepted it and said he wants that to be the end of it and so on with the interview on bbc site. It was a pathetic attempt of comedy in the first place, but whats come afterwards involving the press is even more pathetic.

He's basically saying thank you for the apology and his grand daughter is saying the opposite.

I laughed when I read the name of her band name aswell.

Gizmo says...
Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
30 October 2008 21:16 Reply (Quote this message)
This is just as stupid as the Janet Jackson nipplegate thing, it really worries me that we are all turning into a bunch of idiots who take offence at anything.

Not to mention the goverment using Terrorism as a excuse to get rid of civil rights.

Safe to say I am not happy about the way the world is going...

Jonathon Ross
Forum Home \ General Chat New Thread New Reply