Login
register search gameSlave

Ipod
shagnastie

The thread resurrection kid

Forum rank 4 out of 5
04 November 2008 00:04 Reply (Quote this message)
the time has come to purchase an Ipod 120gb Classic £179 or a Ipod Touch 8gb £169 or 16gb for £219.

Im stuck between doing the sensible thinking and buyin the 120gb but seeing as Ive aquired £180 from work towards the costs and I have remaining Argos vouchers still from last christmas, I feel like treating myself.

Does anyone else have one a touch that is?

I know its exactally the same as an Iphone (which I dont have) but they do look good and seeing as I have such a long period left on my phone contract I wont be gettin the iphone anytime soon.
Im thinking of obviously style over storage.

TBH tho im at the age of, only puttin on play lists that ill listen to at the time of me carryiny my player, so am not really that interested in carting my whole music collect around with me.

It seems really ive made my mind up, but was wondering if you agree, that I should buy the sexy Touch.

The apps on it wont really be used all that much as i have a Laptop for my home wireless, but im guessing when in hotspots such as airports, ill be kept amused.

The Legend in his own underpants - Sssshagnastie!!
Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
04 November 2008 00:35 Reply (Quote this message)
the age old style over function debate

Get whatever you're heart tells you to get, you won't be happy if you don't

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
04 November 2008 03:30 Reply (Quote this message)
I have a ipod touch and love it, I recommend you use apples lossless format though as it doesnt take up that much more space and sounds MUCH better.

Also don't use the headphones that come with it, as they are widely regarded as a piece of poop, why spend over 200 and then ruin it with headphones that cost £5.

Be warned itunes is the biggest piece of shit software you will ever use, other than that I love everything about the touch, its nice to be able to surf the net or check my mail in bed.

I love the feature that not only displays your album art it can also display the lyrics for each song as well.

As craig says go with your heart, people forget just how much music 16 or 32 gig can actually hold, I am willing to bet 90 percent of people with a 120 gig ipods have not come close to filling it.

Bandit

Mr Writer

Forum rank 3 out of 5
04 November 2008 09:05 Reply (Quote this message)
True, I'm still using my old second gen Ipod Nano, it's only a 1 gig, but i just change the playlist every now and then. However, as you have the cash, go for the touch, it's so sexy.

"You want to make enemies? Try to change something."
Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
04 November 2008 09:36 Reply (Quote this message)
I too have the touch and it's the best touchscreen device i've used. Like Ryan said it's great for checking email or using google maps etc. Do you have wifi at your work Shag ? If so there's plenty of things to keep you occupied gadget wise by downloading free ones from their gadget store onto it. How many songs do you roughly have because i'm willing to bet that you'll no way need to carry around all of them. I mean 2000 songs is a few days worth of music and it doesn't take long to swap out songs every few days.

I'm not sure why Ryan hates Itunes so much, compared to all the crap software that comes with devices nowadays for copying data to things it's not that bad at all. There's plenty of really really crap mp3 player software and mobile phone software.

I recommended the touch to Ryan and I'd still recommend it to others too.

shagnastie

Forum rank 4 out of 5
04 November 2008 16:58 Reply (Quote this message)
picked up the 16gb 2nd gen Touch Its shocking that its cheaper than the older version, you'd of thought they'd push the price of those down. Just to allow shops to be rid of them.

What applications you boys put on then? I see Google earth is currently the most popular, I was prob put Ipint on there altho its old hat now

- ive just installed Videora to allow me to convert videos, I also thought id give the Genius a run on Itunes to see if It puts some new music ideas my way

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
04 November 2008 18:27 Reply (Quote this message)
I run one of the apps on the Itunes store for controlling your pc using the ipod touch as a laptop style mouse. It works pretty well. I have my server hooked up to my plasma so I just use that for browsing etc when in bed sometimes lol. There's some pretty good ones if you browse the store though.

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
04 November 2008 18:45 Reply (Quote this message)
There's also other good ones like the official Ebay application and TVguide.co.uk one that I forgot about too. The TV one even remotely sets your sky+ to record (if you have that set up at home)

shagnastie

Forum rank 4 out of 5
05 November 2008 01:56 Reply (Quote this message)
Quote: Stan
Be warned itunes is the biggest piece of shit software you will ever use, other than that I love everything about the touch, its nice to be able to surf the net or check my mail in bed.

Itunes has crashed 5 times in the last 2 hours while adding art work pissing thing!!

Never had a problem when i had it years ago

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
05 November 2008 03:07 Reply (Quote this message)
Pretty sure that's your pc and not the program though Don't think it's ever crashed for me and that's with it being linked to a network drive so my music is streamed around the house using the shared music directory

Ipod
Forum Home \ General Chat New Thread New Reply