Login
register search gameSlave

A rant about the state of the world
Page 1  2 
Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
09 September 2005 20:07 Reply (Quote this message)
What made me think to start this rant was the fact that the daily mail are apprently trying to get a game called fahrenheit banned. This game has been given a bbfc rating based on its violence and sexual content, so what they think the problem is i dont know.
What this thread is really about is this, peoples inability to accept at least part of the blame them selves, they prefer to blame it on everything else around them.
The case that comes to mind is the national media in america blaming this game for causing this young lad to kill some one, this caused a uprore with a large percentage of america trying to get this violent game banned. Well we find out some time later that it wasnt the killer who owned this game but the victim, are they then trying to tell us that playing violent games means you yourself are going to become a victim to a violent crime ?
Countries like America are far too quick to blame music and films and games for there violence problem, and not the fact that these kids steal there parents ak's while the parents are passed out in some alcoholic slumber, or the fact that the parents bought the child a gun for its 13th birthday.
Yes violent video games and films can push the odd person over the edge, but my point is that society and the fact that the guns are so readly availible to them, has a far larger impact than the game/film.
Lets take a look at japan, this country has without a doubt the most violent video games and films, yet they allso have the lowest violent crimes in the world. In my opion this is for a couple of reasons, they dont all walk around carrying machine guns that they will never have any need for bar to kill people, and they have the culture that shows respect and teaches what is right and wrong. Dont get me wrong japan also has one of the highest suicide rates in the world, but what would you prefer, your son killing himself because he cant take the presure anymore, or your son killing himself and half his school cos he cant take the presure anymore.
Another part of my rant is religion and how it effects us.
Most of the wars in history have been fought over religion. Who gives a flying **** what god your neighbour believes in as long as he aint hurting anyone. We need to put this petty shit aside and realise how small and insignificant we really are. If one grain of sand was equal to a million stars, then there is more stars in our galaxy alone, than there is sand in our entire planet. Each star is like our own sun with its own planets orbiting it, and the universe has millions or billions of galaxies just like our own.
I think religion needs to get its head out of its ass, we are not in the 16th century anymore, did you know that the catholic church still class's a beaver as a fish. The pope tells all his people that using a condom is wrong and against god's wish's, does this stupid stupid old fool not realise how many millions of people he has CONDEMED to die a horrible death, just because he wont take his head out the sand and realise its 2005.
Sorry if i have offended anyone with my views, they are just that my views.
I just needed to vent my frustation at society as a whole.

slyo

Forum rank 0 out of 5
09 September 2005 20:27 Reply (Quote this message)
turn off your tv

dem0n

Forum rank 0 out of 5
09 September 2005 20:51 Reply (Quote this message)
I agree on your thoughts about games & movies, we should take the asians as an example.. I love them productive little ****ers. yay to them!

Yet I disagree on the part about the pope and condoms, true the church lives in the past but they still play a large role in many sensitive situations around the world.
Just imagine, if the church were to support gays, condoms and abortion we would have more open queerness.. more countries would "allow" (support gay rallies and tell kids how normal it is to be gay, thus making more confused kids think they're gay and eventually become it) it and certain points like gay couples adopting children would be accepted... it's not natural and I don't think it's good for a child to be raised by to people of the same sex in that way.

The churches opposition of the use of condoms etc and abortion is véry sensitive... if they were to support both issues people would accept it and take it even less serious; thus enabling the growing R&B culture to invade our youth making them have sex at an even younger age per generation.
I'm disturbed by the fact that KIDS participate in intercourse before they even know what it is or realize what the consiquences are... if they then get pregnant it's like "oh no I didn't deserve this I need an abortion I'm to young to raise a kid" blabla.. bullshit, if you dont realize what you're doing dont ****ing open your legs to every horny bloke about.
I dont like the fact that people treat sex like it's a game when they don't even realize what it means and what the conciquences are.. natures purpose of sex is to spawn infants, so dont come whining to the church for justification to get layed at an even younger age.When you're young you have a fragile mind that's easily influenced by raging hormones etc etc..
HOWEVER if you're an adult it's different, but still it's an annoying subject to discuss... I'm very much against abortion but certain situations like pregnant by rape... it's difficult, in that situation I can understand the need to get rid of it, but other than that? dno... people who dont care about the church ignore them anyway and go ahead with what they want, if the church were to support it it could get outa hand imo, in lotsa countries religion has a huge influence on people. (its underestimated imo)

Felon

Forum rank 5 out of 5
09 September 2005 21:27 Reply (Quote this message)
Religion = cause of all war.

The world as it is today? Blame the governments and society, everybody out there has £ and $ as their god, abortion? yes if under x amount of weeks pregnant.

Condoms? Will probably save Africa from extinction, so yes pope is full of shit.

Gays? Each to their own, if they are both responsible and mature people then why not adopt?

End of the day there is no point analysing why the world is on the brink of destruction, enjoy what you have and live for the day, it will ALL be gone soon enough.

Atari 2600 1978-81 -|- ZX81 Spectrum 1982-84 -|- Commodore 64 1984-87 -|- Amiga 500 1988-91 -|- Sega Mega Drive 1992-94 -|- Atari Jaguar 1994-95 -|- Sony PS1/2 1995-04 -|- MS Xbox 2003-06 -|- Flawless 360 01/12/06 and counting.. 28 years gaming, man im old
dem0n

Forum rank 0 out of 5
09 September 2005 21:33  Edited by dem0n on 09-Sep-05 at 21:40 Reply (Quote this message)
Quote: Felon

Bullshit, the weak human mind is the cause of all war.
Blaming religion for all war is like blaming a car for someone getting run over.. it's whos behind the wheel that ****s it up.

Religion isn't bad, it has a great social and personal use, but there are always a twisted few who hide behind religion and use it as a weapon to serve their own perpouses.

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
09 September 2005 21:40 Reply (Quote this message)
I have to say i agree with felon on this one, religion is the cause of most wars, take a look at the crusades.
Hell even a modern war like afghanistan is pretty much down to religion, bin landens ****ed up idea of religion caused september the 11th and that in turn caused america to invade afghanistan.
I aint saying all religion is bad, thats like saying every american film is bad, just because the majority are, doesnt mean they all are.
Some people wouldnt be able to live without religion in there lives, they may have lost a close loved one and need the reasurance that there is a heaven.
The real cause of almost all war is man forcing his idea of religion on others.
So to some it up
Let your neighbours believe what ever the hell they want as long as they aint hurting anyone, or as long as they aint trying to say ben stiller is a good actor

Felon

Forum rank 5 out of 5
09 September 2005 21:44  Edited by Felon on 09-Sep-05 at 21:44 Reply (Quote this message)
Rubbish.

Name me one great, social and personal use of religion?

Its dated and served its purpose, what next there is a God and Adam and Eve?

Get real, evolution and apes not ring a bell with you?

Religion is central to much of the strife taking place in the world today.

Almost anywhere one turns—Afghanistan, Kosovo, Indonesia, Nigeria, Chechnya, Kashmir, Sudan, Sri Lanka—one finds a religious dimension to hostilities.

Whether it is the root cause of a conflict, as in the Middle East, or merely a mobilizing vehicle for nationalist and ethnic passions, as has been the case in the Balkans, religion possesses an unrivaled potential to cause instability at all levels of the global system.

Atari 2600 1978-81 -|- ZX81 Spectrum 1982-84 -|- Commodore 64 1984-87 -|- Amiga 500 1988-91 -|- Sega Mega Drive 1992-94 -|- Atari Jaguar 1994-95 -|- Sony PS1/2 1995-04 -|- MS Xbox 2003-06 -|- Flawless 360 01/12/06 and counting.. 28 years gaming, man im old
sloop

Forum rank 1 out of 5
10 September 2005 01:11 Reply (Quote this message)
religion, computer games etc have nothing to do with anything. it's all about a large number of people being out and out wankers and having no sense of moral responsibility.

everything else gets blamed for this.

Tevilspek

Forum rank 1 out of 5
10 September 2005 08:07 Reply (Quote this message)
Wow Demon, you come across as a hardline homophobe with your anti-gay stigma... Talk about views of an extremist situation haha.

As for Religion, I personally believe all Religions should f**k off and die.
The land of Israel, a place of bloodshed for the last 2k years, all because of religion.
'New' extreme anti-terrorism/anti-muslim/anti-free speech laws being passed in US/UK/Australia due to Bush stirring up a hornet's nest in the Middle East. That false war is as religiously motivated as it is for oil. Bush is a redneck bigot who, I honestly think, thinks he is carrying out the will of God. He's as much as f**king religious extremist as anyone he is fighting.
I'm not sure if there is any Religion that hasn't been the cause of death, murder and war. Maybe Shintoism? Probably not even that.
Hell, even Buddhist f**king Monks have murdered each other to cement their position on the social ladder.

How can you say religion, computer games etc have nothing to do with anything? So guns don't kill people, it's the person behind the gun that kills someone. So, the gun is completely removed from the situation and just happened to be there right. So don't ban guns, ban.. erm.. people being allowed to use guns. So like, the guns sit there in shops unused and untouched... It's society's f**ked up acceptance of guns as a mainstream fashion accessory (in the USA anyways) that has that country so far down the shithole.
You see the footage of people in Batton Rouge or whatever? "Yeah I bort me dis 'ere gun an' if any o' dem peoples comes near ma hoose, I'ma shot 'em." Gun sales in the local stores there went from 15 or so a day to 1000 a DAY. Man, I thought even 15 guns sold a day was horrid.
F**king freedom to bare arms my ass. They do the same in Switzerland or whereever, whichever European country that they all are part of the defence and all have a gun under their beds, and their death rate by firearms is like in single figures.

"It's all about a large number of people being out and out wankers and having no sense of moral responsibility" is very true. But removing the people from the violence and the guns and the religion is false. These things are tools for the f**ktard extremists. And yes, I class some redneck bigot who would lynch some college black american kid as as much of an extremist as any suicide bomber. F**ked up world.

And about the condoms/Pope thing. The problem isn't about abortions. The problem is that the Pope bares millions of deaths by AIDS on his shoulders. A lot of African society denies that AIDS even exists, and so it is spreading like wildfire. And there are little to no condoms passed around in the heavily Catholic states of Africa, of which there are several.
But then, if I was to be heavily skeptical, I could argue that this is what certain people want anyways. Kind of like not getting any serious aid down to the Gulf Coast for like 5 days.. Not racially motivated my f**kin' ass. And don't pull that "the poor, destitute people there CHOSE not to leave" bullshit on me.

Violence in video games. Who honestly gives a f**k. So maybe there are a dozen deaths in the rest of the world (and probably like 1000 in USA but that's generally to be expected) because of violent video games, but a few hundred die from suicide bombers, another 150k die in a false war each year etc.
But yeah, that's not the problem, let's turn our attention to some extremely minor statistic.

Is like calling for a shark cull in Australia after two people were mauled in the space of five months. Strange that seeing as we don't even live in the f**king water!!! Extreme calls for rather minor situations.

In my opinion, the world is one f**ked up place, and I am just sitting back and watching the shithouse go up in flames.

/rant off

angry_lobster

Forum rank 0 out of 5
12 September 2005 06:19 Reply (Quote this message)
I think the more people we have, the more wars and fighting we'll have. Despite our greatness at destructiveness, our race is thriving so to say, as the world's population is increasing it is also accelerating. I was just thinking, maybe our natural need to destruct, kill and generally f*ck things up, is helping us to thrive and be so successful as a species. If humans weren't aggressive and defensive, maybe we have died out long ago, killed by other animals/inhabitants of this planet. So maybe in a way, we have no other choice but to do the sh*tty things we do. I don't know if I'm making any sense, or if what I'm saying is already known to you guys, maybe somebody could elaborate on what I'm trying to say.

As for religion, keep it to yourself. I hate hearing people talk about religion personally. I'm not interested in it. Go ahead in believe in it, just don't try to convert me or whatever.

Does religion cause wars? People cause wars. Look at this simple equation:

People + Religion can start a war
People can start a war
Religion itself cannot start a war

Religion cannot simply start a war on its own. War is started by a combination of people + religion or just people themselves. I think religion can be used as an excuse to fuel a war or as a scapegoat, something to blame the war on. If there was no religion involved in a war, you would find something else that sets you apart from your enemies. For example, you are white and he is black. You have blonde hair, he has black hair. You are English, he is French. The blame can be pinpointed solely on us, but we like to think that it's not our faults and put the blame on something or somebody else.

I think right now we are definately in the "Dark Ages" and we're still very immature and primitive as a species. Us humans, are still like species in it's childhood years. We know what's right, but we still do wrong. I think we are growing up though, we have established laws and civilization. We are have changed a lot since the days we were running around with clubs and killing whoever or whatever the f*ck we wanted to and also raping, etc. Even still, we still have a lot of growing up to do as a species.

StoneR

Forum rank 2 out of 5
19 September 2005 23:25 Reply (Quote this message)
I have just scrolled to the bottom of this page and just posted this to say I can't be arsed to read anything on this page.

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
19 September 2005 23:27 Reply (Quote this message)
Pointless Stoner, pointless

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Landen

Forum rank 3 out of 5
20 September 2005 04:28 Reply (Quote this message)
God damn it Stan. Its Bin Laden. ONE N... ONE!11!1!1

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
20 September 2005 14:49 Reply (Quote this message)
can u not bring down this post by posting utter pointless shite. If you cant be arsed to read the ****ing post then dont bother, but dont be a retard and post that u cba.

Landen

Forum rank 3 out of 5
20 September 2005 15:24  Edited by Landen on 20-Sep-05 at 15:30 Reply (Quote this message)
If that was directed towards me you can smfb tbh. I prefer to not have my name associated with the most wanted terrorist on the planet. ta.

Religion clearly has caused many many wars. Humans fight each other when they have differences. All religion does is divide our race into lots of factions who all believe they're right and everyone else is wrong. I think that will cause some wars tbh. Religion is not a bad idea if everyone believed in the same Religion, however they don't. So we're better off without it. Personally I believe that anyone who tries to force their beliefs upon someone else is wrong. Many times Ive been told by people in town walking around talking to people that if I don't believe in god and go to church ill end up in hell. Anyone who says that to me deserves a punch in the face tbh.

As it happens I do believe in a God, just not the god im told/forced to believe in. I believe in a God who has an ounce of common sense, who is fair and won't judge me for the way I've been raised by my parents.

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
20 September 2005 15:41 Reply (Quote this message)
i remember when i was in secondary school and we had a priest or what ever come to our R.E class. He then went ahead and told all these 13 year olds that if they dont believe in his god they r going to hell, we had a jewish lad there and he said what if i believe in my god, so the priest says if it isnt MY god you go to hell. I am sorry but that is not the sort of shit you tell 13 year old ****ing kids, utter utter BULLSHIT.

Landen

Forum rank 3 out of 5
20 September 2005 15:49 Reply (Quote this message)
Bent. He clearly deserved several punches in the face.

ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
21 September 2005 21:25  Edited by ralinn on 21-Sep-05 at 21:27 Reply (Quote this message)
I'm much like Landen on this subject... kind of.

I really can't stand the God that people describe most of the time. Apparently he made us, he made us who we are. Why would you send someone to hell for being what you made them to be? That doesn't make sence to me...

Personally I don't think the planet needs a God. I'd rather it be just us sticking together. But it's never gonna happen.

This doesn't mean I don't believe in God... Don't get me wrong, I've had my doubts like everyone, but I've also had things happen to me where I refuse to believe it was just coincidence.

When I do think of God, I always picture someone who would be easy to talk too, easy to get along with and understands the reasons for what we do or have done.

There are so many religions now, it's so confusing. If I get sent to hell for picking the wrong card, he can go screw himself.

I'm pretty tired and my head is spinning a bit so sorry if this post is a little contradictive in areas.

Woof, I'm a clown!
StoneR

Forum rank 2 out of 5
11 October 2005 10:44 Reply (Quote this message)
Quote: Felon

It is true, if there weren't people killing other people because there god wants them too there wouldn't be silly little faggots who think that suicide bombing is worth it.

Treb3Dartist

Forum rank 1 out of 5
11 October 2005 16:08 Reply (Quote this message)
Ok, as far as the bashing of my home ill leave it alone. (Im from nyc) and if u want to know why were like this, rent bowling for columbine. it explanes alot. and religone = greatest way to rob people for everything including there will.

Page 1  2 
A rant about the state of the world
Forum Home \ General Chat New Thread New Reply