Login
register search gameSlave

Most wanted movies in HD
Page 1  2 
Jammin

gameSlave Tart

Forum rank 5 out of 5
21 December 2007 20:46 Reply (Quote this message)
Quote: Mani
I have a huge DVD collection that stopped growing about 3 years ago when I realized that i NEVER re-watched ANY film in the collection.

I bet 90% of you are the same, so why buy films on DVD? Rent the ****ers, watch once, seen it: bye bye.

DVD's are always good for inviting a girl over if u want to get laid though

Bring Back shoutbox!
Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
21 December 2007 21:32 Reply (Quote this message)
Well thats good news grant they must have put that policy into place in the last year, because both me and a few of my friends have used them and as I said 2 out of 3 disks were so badly scratched they were unwatchable.

However my point still stands that I want to watch a film when I want, not when they have stock of it. Also nothing more boring than having to constantly watch the same films when your m8s are over.

Ok Ralinn I watched The Rock last night, I would give it about 8 out of 10 on the video scale, some very nice depth of field, lots of detail and a very film like image. Also lots of good smooth movement if you are running in 1080/24

However as is the case with most Michal Bay films, there are certain shots with quite a bit of grain in. So while it is not the best disk out there for image quality, and I would not use it as a demo disk, it is without a doubt the best way to watch the film.

Oh also it does show up some dodgy effects shots, like they forgot to CG out the wires in the last explosion with Nic Cage.

As far as I am aware you cannot get Gladiator yet on either hd-dvd or Bluray, at least not in the UK or the States anyway. Same for Seven.

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
24 December 2007 19:12 Reply (Quote this message)
Ok new film to add to the list.

Ratatouille - This isn't just one of Pixars best, or even one of the best animated movies. This is one of the best movies I have seen fullstop.

Just blew me away, fantastic animation, voice acting, story and tone and pacing. I didn't once think of it as a cg film, it was just a brilliant film that happended to be cg. In fact some of the shots were almost photo real.

If you are a parent or even if you are not I cannot recommend this film highly enough.

WUD

Resident Nutter

Forum rank 4 out of 5
24 December 2007 19:18 Reply (Quote this message)
Seen it, loved it, as did the wife and kids, very very good film!

"Wolves"
Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
03 January 2008 19:17 Reply (Quote this message)
gladiator's on channel 4 HD this sunday

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
03 January 2008 20:25 Reply (Quote this message)
Pity channel 4 HD is the worst quality HD channel I have ever seen by a long long way, infact I have better looking dvd's than Channel 4 HD

It's all about the bitrate and the original masters.

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
03 January 2008 21:28 Reply (Quote this message)
Shoulda put money on that reply. I could have written it nearly word for word

shagnastie

The thread resurrection kid

Forum rank 4 out of 5
06 January 2008 13:42 Reply (Quote this message)
Wireless HD a company has sorted it so no wires are needed to go in the back of the TV.

Cant help but think that a good ol cable would give a better signal tho

The Legend in his own underpants - Sssshagnastie!!
Page 1  2 
Most wanted movies in HD
Forum Home \ Films, TV Series New Thread New Reply