Login
register search gameSlave

crash
shagnastie

The thread resurrection kid

Forum rank 4 out of 5
16 October 2008 03:26  Edited by shagnastie on 16-Oct-08 at 03:27 Reply (Quote this message)
My died in a middle of an epic round of Tf2 just a min ago - then when i could eventually get it to reboot it did a few windows updates.. Surely this shouldnt happen in the middle of a programme running?

IS there a way on Vista to check what caused teh crash incase it wasnt the update thing?

and secondly, when my pc boots after a crash and there is options like last know good config and stuff like that I can never move the cursor bar to select an option also pressing any key doesnt help..

Any Ideas??!

The Legend in his own underpants - Sssshagnastie!!
Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
16 October 2008 11:13 Reply (Quote this message)
Are you sure you have the restoration point thing enabled ? I had that when I disabled it. It would try to let me choose it but because I had it turned off then obviously you can't.

Turn windows updates to just notify you of new ones and let you choose when to download and install them and see if it happens again ?

Chubbsterinho

Forum rank 0 out of 5
16 October 2008 12:38 Reply (Quote this message)
You need to enter the bios and change the usb option to "USB Legacy" or something similar, this will then allow the use of usb input devices to be used during the boot up sequence.

Agree with Grant about the updates, you should have it set to notify you and then you should choose if/when you install them, don't let vista do this automatically, otherwise you get stuff installed which is of no use whatsoever!

Forum Home \ Hardware/Software Support New Thread New Reply