Login
register search gameSlave

R.I.P Xbox
Page 1  2 
Bandit

Mr Writer

Forum rank 3 out of 5
20 April 2008 17:25 Reply (Quote this message)
The time has come, my Xbox has decided to take its own life. But, rather than the infamous 'Red Ring of Death' this time its something different- 'The green dots of sickness.'
Basically, when i was watching a DVD (oceans 12) my tv screen warped and went green, so i turned off the Xbox and turned it back on and what i got was a screen full of green dots that were moving around, but i could still hear the sound of the movie in the background.
Since then i've been unable to make it work, despite trying everything Microsoft and others said.
Any advice? or should i bite the bullet and send the bitch off to be repaired?

"You want to make enemies? Try to change something."
Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
20 April 2008 17:52 Reply (Quote this message)
I would comment on how much I hate 360's because they are noisy and flaky but I really can't be bothered at the minute

I'd say bite the bullet and send it back.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
shagnastie

The thread resurrection kid

Forum rank 4 out of 5
20 April 2008 17:55 Reply (Quote this message)
I blame your choice of DVD try rush hour 3 - a far superior movie

The Legend in his own underpants - Sssshagnastie!!
Bandit

Mr Writer

Forum rank 3 out of 5
20 April 2008 19:09 Reply (Quote this message)
Go easy Mani, that console is the only thing keeping me sane, what with my shite laptop and the huge piles of uni work And as for the DVD, i wasn't all that impressed with Rush Hour 3 Shag

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
20 April 2008 19:34 Reply (Quote this message)
They're only about 50p now though ain't they? ;-)

Bandit

Mr Writer

Forum rank 3 out of 5
20 April 2008 21:35 Reply (Quote this message)
Ooh, thats a low blow. I'll fight the Xbox's corner to the last Mani, even if mine's exploded....

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
20 April 2008 21:43 Reply (Quote this message)
Aye, It's a capable machine that's let down by a couple of very significant things.

1) Xbox Live costs money but is full of complete retards
2) It's a noisy piece of flaky crap that isn't fit to be sold as a consumer electronics item right now. (several more revisions and it might be)

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
20 April 2008 21:48 Reply (Quote this message)
I just sold my perfectly fine working Xbox 360 on ebay 5 days ago. The guy is now claiming the money back saying it's broken and has the red rings of death on it (never ever had that happen to me) So now i have a useless Xbox and a closed paypal account while they sort it all out. GG.

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
20 April 2008 21:56 Reply (Quote this message)
sux :/

ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
20 April 2008 22:43 Reply (Quote this message)
Makes me wish the PS3 had more games. Gonna be a long wait but I think it'll be worth it.

I recently sold a 360 (I went and bought an elite after), so I'm hoping it holds out and I don't get the guy on the phone asking for a refund. :/

I agree with you Mani, I don't think 360 is in a fit state to be sold. The games are ace, I just wish the damn thing wasn't glued together by a bunch of monkey's.

Woof, I'm a clown!
Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
20 April 2008 22:51 Reply (Quote this message)
Anyone sent their 360 to be replaced by Microsoft ? How long is the wait time while they sort it out ?

shagnastie

Forum rank 4 out of 5
21 April 2008 02:41 Reply (Quote this message)
Quote: Midnight
I just sold my perfectly fine working Xbox 360 on ebay 5 days ago. The guy is now claiming the money back saying it's broken and has the red rings of death on it (never ever had that happen to me) So now i have a useless Xbox and a closed paypal account while they sort it all out. GG.

I bet they had a broken Xbox and when u sent yours they've returned their broken one to you - did you keep a note of serial code on the one you sent??

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
21 April 2008 03:33 Reply (Quote this message)
Yeah I kept the codes and the hdd codes. He was calling me a thief etc so I googled his address and rang him up and then he said it worked for a bit and he tried the games then it gave the red ring afterwards. So I guess HE broke it, as I'd never had any problems with it at all. Nothing I can do apart from drive to his address and claim it back next week. I have no way of proving it was working before I sent it to him even though he told me on the phone it worked at first. If I could prove that I'd tell him to FO and make him keep it and let paypal decide it all. I got my cousin to check the last time I was on xbox live to prove I was on there the day before I shipped it out but stupid me opened the xbox site and it auto logged me into my profile on there so it only shows me as being on xbox live AFTER I sent it :/

I'm just hoping I can get a replacement from Microsoft and then sell that one on ebay again.

shagnastie

Forum rank 4 out of 5
21 April 2008 10:52 Reply (Quote this message)
mate to bad for him - it worked when u sent it - you didnt give him a guarantee..

With a clear head you know it worked when you sent it thats all that matters, if The postman dropped it along the way and it stops working -thats not your problem either

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
21 April 2008 11:41 Reply (Quote this message)
So that's two of you with broken 360's right now. Is there anyone who's had a 360 for a while and it's NOT gone wrong?

Verp

Forum rank 0 out of 5
21 April 2008 12:00 Reply (Quote this message)
Sorry to say ive had no problems first bought an xbox when they first came out for Girlfriends xmas present its still going strong...though its well vented and hasnt really been moved....Since then ive bought another xbox elite for myself. Seems fine to me......just you people with too many thumbs methinks

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
21 April 2008 12:40 Reply (Quote this message)
Same with mine Verp until this guy had hold of it.

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
21 April 2008 12:54 Reply (Quote this message)
I rang paypal telling them exactly what happened and they said that there's every posibility that i'll be awarded in his favour so I'll be stuck with it :/ So lame.

Abstract

Forum rank 3 out of 5
21 April 2008 17:41 Reply (Quote this message)
My old white console that i sold to my brother got the red ring of death a month or so ago, he sent it off to microsoft and it was back and fixed within ten days, although microsoft are only in Havant which is five mins down the road from me. They even fixed a problem he had with the DVD tray which he didn't even mention, and gave it a clean, lol. Apparently only the motherboard was replaced.

Jammin

gameSlave Tart

Forum rank 5 out of 5
21 April 2008 17:41 Reply (Quote this message)
Didn't you get postal insurance? Sounds like it got fooked on the way! BLAME THE ROYAL MAIL!

Bring Back shoutbox!
Page 1  2 
R.I.P Xbox
Forum Home \ Hardware/Software Support New Thread New Reply