Login
register search gameSlave

Whats the best make of router to get.
Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
05 January 2008 18:20 Reply (Quote this message)
Well clearly the title says it all, but I shall go into slightly more detail. My router died on me last night, now as allot of you will know I have been having net trouble recently. Well now I think it was down to the router, can you please tell me what is the best and most secure router to go for please.

I have had my netgears go wrong quite a bit in the past, so would like to try a different make, it will need to have built in firewall, wireless, and at least 4 lan ports on it. I would also like the best possible performance for both gaming and downloading, so no cheap shitty no name products please !

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
05 January 2008 18:26 Reply (Quote this message)
Only trouble I've ever had with a Nt=etgear is dropping it and bending the power connector. Other than that they are great and as I always use them I can;t recommend anything else, other than the pro Cisco shit I use for work. (but you won't be buying one of those for home)

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
05 January 2008 18:34 Reply (Quote this message)
Ok well thanks for the reply anyway Craig, when I say I have had them go wrong in the past what I mean is the following.
The net would drop out and I would not even be able to connect to the router, I would have to power off the router and when the router turned back on I would be on the net and be able to connect to the router.

Having to stand up to do this is very annoying, I have had this same problem on about three or four different netgears, otherwise I have to say except for this one, they have been very good.

I just thought as I would have to buy a new one, I might as well try a different brand and see if it resolves the issue, sorry if I am not making much sense, but had virtually no sleep due to pain so I can hardly see straight.

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
05 January 2008 18:50 Reply (Quote this message)
Made sense to me, not had that particular issue myself.

Try and stick to one of the major manufacturers though. Tbh the only one I can think of that I might trust other than Netgear is Dlink.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Pathfinder

Forum rank 0 out of 5
05 January 2008 19:01 Reply (Quote this message)
I have 2 linksys routers, 1 wired 1 wireless, they have been faultless since installation, smashing ping and full rate on ntl 20mb.
I've had issues with netgear routers in the past also.

Re0sLess

Forum rank 5 out of 5
05 January 2008 19:09 Reply (Quote this message)
Netgear and Belkin all the way out linksys just dies on us, so i'kll be looking for one come pay day

ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
05 January 2008 20:49 Reply (Quote this message)
I don't mean to steal the thread but I need help choosing a Wireless access point if anyone can help me with that after Stan?

ATM I have a Netgear WPN802, and it's a pile of arse.

Woof, I'm a clown!
shagnastie

The thread resurrection kid

Forum rank 4 out of 5
06 January 2008 11:50 Reply (Quote this message)
Belkin has always been my router of choice - dont like Linkys and havnt really used netgear.

Belkin FTW

The Legend in his own underpants - Sssshagnastie!!
Whats the best make of router to get.
Forum Home \ Hardware/Software Support New Thread New Reply