Login
register search gameSlave

COD4 Multiplayer
Page 1  2 
Spitfire

Forum rank 3 out of 5
24 February 2008 15:40  Edited by Spitfire on 24-Feb-08 at 15:40 Reply (Quote this message)
Interesting ... these are my opinions thus far ( have only been playing since Thursday )
*TDM on large servers is grenade spamming chaos & not much fun .
*Domination is good , still a bit spamy but at least there is some focus to the fighting
*Headquarters , I quite like this mode
* Search & destroy , I like this mode but it does not look that popular

I played Fuel of War Beta & I have to say this chaps & chapets - its more fun , diverse & strategic than COD4 Multi player .
Still some organised team play may change my opinion of this title ...

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."
Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
24 February 2008 18:50 Reply (Quote this message)
Hurry up and come play TF2 instead

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
24 February 2008 19:27 Reply (Quote this message)
* Search & destroy , I like this mode but it does not look that popular ?????

Huh?

As far as I know it's the mode 90% of all people play, certainly used to be.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
shagnastie

The thread resurrection kid

Forum rank 4 out of 5
24 February 2008 22:00 Reply (Quote this message)
ive been playing a bit of free for all... good fun and helps with the reflex shooting

The Legend in his own underpants - Sssshagnastie!!
Bandit

Mr Writer

Forum rank 3 out of 5
25 February 2008 10:07 Reply (Quote this message)
I think the major problem with COD 4 is the connection, and before you all moan at me, yes i play it on the 360, last night, for example i tried to play for an hour in between my essays (dont ask) and i kept getting disconnected or 'connection intterupted' messages, it's starting to become a real pain in the arse!

As for mode, love a bit of TDM and free-for-all, my personal favorite has got to me domination though, nice and tense.

"You want to make enemies? Try to change something."
Spitfire

Forum rank 3 out of 5
25 February 2008 10:12 Reply (Quote this message)
* Search & destroy

My observations are realy only from the past week of play , so I may be off the mark on this one m8

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."
Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
25 February 2008 10:18 Reply (Quote this message)
New ISP required Bandit?

shagnastie

Forum rank 4 out of 5
25 February 2008 10:29  Edited by shagnastie on 25-Feb-08 at 10:29 Reply (Quote this message)
ive only played two modes - Hq with ben and Free for all, am i missing a better type of game out?

Spitfire

Forum rank 3 out of 5
25 February 2008 11:57 Reply (Quote this message)
Yep Shags - Search & destroy is cool mate - stops the pro campers just siting in key spots sniping highly skilled noobs like myself . The grenade spamming is another thing which happens less in Search & destroy .

Re0sLess

Forum rank 5 out of 5
25 February 2008 12:54 Reply (Quote this message)
Quote: shagnastie
ive only played two modes - Hq with ben and Free for all, am i missing a better type of game out?

When do you play kev? I never see anyone playing in stream so i have been playing the pc version much

I did however pick up a copy on 360 (coz i was badgered into it by friends) and i have to say that the majority of xbox live players are unsporting 9 year old's with bad mouths (or i just happen to be really unlucky), and aim assist takes the biscuit . but they do get prestige mode so you can keep levelling after you hit lvl 55.

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
25 February 2008 13:02 Reply (Quote this message)
Quote: Re0sLess
the majority of xbox live players are unsporting 9 year old's with bad mouths

That's true. XBox Live! is far worse than playing CS ever was. Full of pathetic kids with no manners and bad attitudes.

Bandit

Mr Writer

Forum rank 3 out of 5
25 February 2008 13:43 Reply (Quote this message)
Yeah that's true, i don't bother talking to them anymore, as soon as they hear my accent out come the 'oooooh go eat a crumpet' lines and after 1000 times of hearing them i just can't be bothered. I had one last night who tried to insult me, but i just ran rings around him till he left- yay for winning an insult battle and getting negative feedback!

As for the ISP, not much luck there, but i'm not the only one who's having trouble with COD 4, there as servers everywhere that just can't cope.

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
25 February 2008 13:47 Reply (Quote this message)
afaik it's not done on servers with Xbox live. Any "servers" are the person that started the game and their xbox hosts it. Or at least that's how it works with every other game on xbox live.

If that's the case it's probably down to the hosts having crap connections etc that can't handle the amount of players they're trying to have connect.

Bandit

Mr Writer

Forum rank 3 out of 5
25 February 2008 13:52 Reply (Quote this message)
Ah, so thats why they keep crashing when the hosts leave- stupid way of doing things when you've sold that many units of a game really.

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
25 February 2008 13:55 Reply (Quote this message)
it's not just COD4.. it's how xbox live works. If you don't want it to go down, host your own

Bandit

Mr Writer

Forum rank 3 out of 5
25 February 2008 13:56 Reply (Quote this message)
Ah, but with my ISP i think my computer would stick its fingers up and explode if i asked it to even think about hosting a game!

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
25 February 2008 13:59 Reply (Quote this message)
who are you with and what upload do you get ? faster the upload the more players you can host obviously. So give it a try.

shagnastie

Forum rank 4 out of 5
25 February 2008 15:51 Reply (Quote this message)

When do you play kev? I never see anyone playing in stream so i have been playing the pc version much

I play at all hours - im either on TF2 or COD i never play anything else now it seems. tBH ive not played much in the last couple of days but will get back on it during this week.

I may even play a little COH tonight as my housemate has moved out and my mate the one i helped build a pc has moved in .

shagnastie

Forum rank 4 out of 5
25 February 2008 15:52 Reply (Quote this message)
Quote: Spitfire
Yep Shags - Search & destroy is cool mate -

Is that the one where you have to plant a bomb? if so ive done that one a couple of times

btw Wet Work my fav map and also the Christmas crash site one good fun..

I frigging hate nades tho on wet work, they do my nutt in

Jammin

gameSlave Tart

Forum rank 5 out of 5
25 February 2008 16:40 Reply (Quote this message)
I can't play any FPS any the moment, because for some reason my 20mb Virgin Internet is giving me constant pings of 120-250. Don't know what to do! I'm getting Withdrawal symptoms!

Domination is my favourite game type, then HQ afterwards. I would play with you, but servers often dont let me in as they are for low ping players only! Hmm guess my money on my ISP is going in the right place.

Any suggestions on what to do btw?

Bring Back shoutbox!
Page 1  2 
COD4 Multiplayer
Forum Home \ Gaming Chat - Shooters New Thread New Reply