Login
register search gameSlave

LIVE 8
WUD

Resident Nutter

Forum rank 4 out of 5
02 July 2005 19:20  Edited by WUD on 02-Jul-05 at 19:21 Reply (Quote this message)
Sign the Petition! show your support, i have @ Live8.com

"Wolves"
hobgoblin

Forum rank 3 out of 5
02 July 2005 19:33 Reply (Quote this message)
i agree with helping ppl but having stayed in south africa i have a good knowledge on african affairs and i dont think fully cancelling the african debt will help matters in the slightest

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
02 July 2005 21:38 Reply (Quote this message)
I ten to at least partly agree, but we as the developed and 'rich' world cannot let things carry on as they are now.

btw, I've been watching on and off, mostly crap tbh, but REM are the only ppl to really get the crowd going yet.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Felon

Forum rank 5 out of 5
02 July 2005 21:47 Reply (Quote this message)
REM *yawn*

Not even paid attention, but loved snoop dog going fuk fuk fuk fuk fuk live on BBC1 was fun.

Atari 2600 1978-81 -|- ZX81 Spectrum 1982-84 -|- Commodore 64 1984-87 -|- Amiga 500 1988-91 -|- Sega Mega Drive 1992-94 -|- Atari Jaguar 1994-95 -|- Sony PS1/2 1995-04 -|- MS Xbox 2003-06 -|- Flawless 360 01/12/06 and counting.. 28 years gaming, man im old
Jammin

gameSlave Tart

Forum rank 5 out of 5
03 July 2005 00:34 Reply (Quote this message)
I thought alot of has been good, but i only watched bits, and luckily they were all good

Bring Back shoutbox!
Maz

gameSlave Bike Wrecker

Forum rank 5 out of 5
03 July 2005 01:44 Reply (Quote this message)
pretty much watched the whole shibang.. some of it was ok but mostly i ignored it as it wasnt my cuppa tea... whats realy ****ing pissed me off is the idiotic morons who have spent the last several hours slagging mccartney and geldof off for doing it!

i mean some of the comments online are just lame

hence the following responce to all those who are slagging the whole thing off!!!

--------------
funny how NONE of you have any form of valid opinion

maby its the simple fact that none of you are artists... oh wait you'll just slag some geazer off because he sang a song you didnt like... NEWSFLASH you chose to listen to it nobody forced you to.. if you dont like it dont watch it! simple!
or
maby its the fact that your all so far up your own arses to realise that if you donate that £2 or whatever you spend on chocolate every week to a charity like Oxfam, things like poverty would be history and you could go back to being complete and utter morons!
or
maby just maby, none of you seem to realise that it wasnt about the music IT WAS ABOUT THE POLITICAL MESSAGE!

simply put, if its not your cuppa tea **** YOU and keep your worthless opinions to yourselfs!

Bob Geldof, Bono, and Paul Mccartney have done A ****ing shitload more than any of you ****ing morons!
------------------

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
Issue the orders Sir, and I will storm Hell.
hobgoblin

Forum rank 3 out of 5
03 July 2005 12:08 Reply (Quote this message)
as i said before i believe in what they are trying to do just not the way they are going about it

having stayed in an african country for 18 years i know have a good view of how corrupt the government officials are and absolving african debt wont make the slightest bit of differewnce really all it will do is make them steal more because they feel they can get away with it

this however is my opinion based on my own experiences and i of course would fully understand how most of u are ignorant to the way things work so i wont hold ur point of view against u

Jammin

gameSlave Tart

Forum rank 5 out of 5
03 July 2005 17:04 Reply (Quote this message)
As long as the thought is there, apparently they are going to cancel debt/give aid depending on how many brownie points the governments have, but saying that i dont know which ones are good anyway.
17 million people dying every year from cureable diseases though, something must be done!

Bring Back shoutbox!
Maz

gameSlave Bike Wrecker

Forum rank 5 out of 5
03 July 2005 22:53 Reply (Quote this message)
i agrea that wiping out debt will not solve the whole problem... but it is just one of the steps to be taken for the campaign to be successful.

the first phase before wiping out debt should be the instalation of a new series of goverments in the countries to stop leaders like gadaffi etc.. from turning the whole thing on its head..

personally they should make Nelson Mandella the priminister (well governer or something like that) of africa and give him half the UN + a fair chunk of the chinese military forces to sort the shit out.. it might seem like a long way round but it's probably the only way to garentee the whole thing isnt wasted

and im not ignorant to the situation there... i do understand that the goverments currently in power will more than likely purchase arms and other weapons rather than developing industry/ the country in general.

AND besides my comment wasnt aimed at you or anyone in this community... it was aimed at the morons who slag people off for trying to do something about it!

Tevilspek

Forum rank 1 out of 5
04 July 2005 18:52 Reply (Quote this message)
"the first phase before wiping out debt should be the instalation of a new series of goverments in the countries..."

*giggle* And just how did you plan on getting that done? I assumed your next paragraph was in jest? hehe

I am all for sorting out the calamity that is Africa. And getting rid of debt is a tremendous step. But to get rid of poverty is something else altogether. As being shown in Nigeria and *cringe* President Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe, ( http://www.worldpress.org/Africa/2095.cfm ), throwing money at them, or taking away debt, and giving them aid and medicine, well... it aint gonna change a thing.

Change needs to come from the inside. Inside in a place like Zimbabwe dunna wanna change. Thus you've got a conundrum.

Hell, I'm all for campaigning for World Peace, cancelling oppressive debt, getting food, aid and medicines for epidemics into the poorer countries etc. And there are a LOT of countries that will benefit greatly from it and will be able to turn themselves around.

But how exactly do we deal with the epidemics of corruption, greed, genocide, civil war etc that are rife in a lot of these 'Third World' countries?

Throwing aid and debt relief at them sure as hell aint gonna do it.

Maz

gameSlave Bike Wrecker

Forum rank 5 out of 5
05 July 2005 10:40 Reply (Quote this message)
i jest not!

besides mugabe is a ****ing tosser and shoult be shot for being a prick who is denying thousands place to rest because he's scared of them and the change they want... i mean what kind of moron kicks over 10'000 people out of there homes so he can make more ****ing money?

its leaders like Gadaffi and Mugabe who are bringing Africa to its knees, its leaders like them who are preventing Africa from becoming much nicer places to live.. and for that alone they should be shot in the face!

Jammin

gameSlave Tart

Forum rank 5 out of 5
05 July 2005 23:00 Reply (Quote this message)
And they are only the ones you read about because they have British links.

Bring Back shoutbox!
sloop

Forum rank 1 out of 5
06 July 2005 09:42 Reply (Quote this message)
http://music.channel.aol.com/live_8_concert/london_philly_toronto

check this out.

you have to use IE () and install a plugin but it's well worth it..

Scrappy

Uber sex0r?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
06 July 2005 11:27 Reply (Quote this message)
Nice one. Works fine on my mac using 'Dear Park' by the way.

Scrappy

Uber sex0r?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
06 July 2005 11:48 Reply (Quote this message)
Know if the Berlin or paris ones are avaiable JB?

sloop

Forum rank 1 out of 5
06 July 2005 13:43 Reply (Quote this message)
dno scraps soz

morkith

mia

Forum rank 3 out of 5
06 July 2005 15:20 Reply (Quote this message)
Yes they are:-

berlin_paris_rome

StoneR

Forum rank 2 out of 5
01 August 2005 02:24 Reply (Quote this message)
The UK Live 8 was amazing. Although, I didn't take very much to the amount of bad language at that time in the day, especially when I had my little sister who is 9 watching it..

Jammin

gameSlave Tart

Forum rank 5 out of 5
01 August 2005 10:43 Reply (Quote this message)
It was funny, all part and parcel of live 8. Snoop mother ****ing Dogg, yo'!

Bring Back shoutbox!
StoneR

Forum rank 2 out of 5
01 August 2005 12:26 Reply (Quote this message)
rofl

LIVE 8
Forum Home \ General Chat New Thread New Reply