Login
register search gameSlave

AMD has New Processor
WUD

Resident Nutter

Forum rank 4 out of 5
09 June 2004 18:42 Reply (Quote this message)
In a press release deserving an award for obscurity and vagueness, AMD has announced it will introduce a new brand of PC processors to be named AMD Sempron. The AMD Sempron is expected to appeal to value-conscious buyers of desktop and notebook PCs.

AMD claims that this fully-featured product line is designed to deliver best-in-class performance for the growing segment of PC users who want more from their PCs. The key word here, of course, is best-in-class, since AMD are not telling people which class the Sempron will belong to.

It is also not clear if the new chips, scheduled for release in the second half of 2004, will be based on the Athlon 64, XP or a new design. AMD have also neglected to mention the scale of numbers (clock speeds etc.) which will be associated with Sempron.

More details about AMD's new mobile and desktop processors will be forthcoming in the second half of 2004. Shipments of the AMD Sempron and Mobile AMD Sempron processors are scheduled to begin during the second half of 2004.

Already nicknamed the Duron Replacement,(lol) the Sempron is up against a weary public, educated by a long drawn out war between AMD and Intel. The lack of technical detail in AMDs press release has further allowed speculation to run wild so we cannot comment on the Sempron until we have further information from AMD.

I will leave you with the smartest, and probably most informative, comment i have managed to find on the Sempron, ...it has the word "pron" in the name, how bad can it be?

"Wolves"
Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
09 June 2004 19:18 Reply (Quote this message)
Ill bet you a quid they are socket 754 Athlon XP's (32bit only)

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Tricky

Forum rank 4 out of 5
10 June 2004 17:24 Reply (Quote this message)

Forum Home \ General Chat New Thread New Reply