Login
register search gameSlave

For PS3 owners
ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
28 February 2009 14:55  Edited by ralinn on 28-Feb-09 at 14:56 Reply (Quote this message)
Hopefully I can save some of you guys some money here. I wish I knew about this before.

Ok, my PS3 Blu-ray drive died on Friday so I phoned up Sony to get the thing repaired. Of course, because I have a release PS3 it's out of warrenty. They're replacing my PS3 with the same model so that's good... but... it just cost me £140. They come to my door with a new PS3 and I hand over my old one.

If your PS3 is out of warrenty, please take a look at this: http://uk.playstation.com/home/news/articles/detail/item68849/Protect-Your-PlayStation/

IMO it's worth it.

Woof, I'm a clown!
Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
28 February 2009 18:25 Reply (Quote this message)
Typical sony I am afraid, I once had a sony laptop and it was under a month old when the usb port broke, they said that unplugging stuff from the port was classed as abuse and not covered in the warrenty and that I had to pay £150 to get it repaired.

Will seriously think about that insurance when mine runs out, thats if my house insurance doesnt cover it anyway.

Maz

gameSlave Bike Wrecker

Forum rank 5 out of 5
01 March 2009 17:55 Reply (Quote this message)
My Uk model isnt listed, so i can't use continuous play which sucks.`

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
Issue the orders Sir, and I will storm Hell.
lowiththeflow

Forum rank 0 out of 5
04 March 2009 11:33  Edited by lowiththeflow on 25-Mar-09 at 11:46 Reply (Quote this message)
Sometimes warranties really aren't worth it, but this one sounds good. I always think it's amazing when they just GIVE you another one of whatever's broken - awesome! Sometimes when things go away to be fixed, they're never the same again. My computer went away to be fixed and it works LESS than it did before!!!

"You can pick your nose, and you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your friend's nose."
For PS3 owners
Forum Home \ General Chat New Thread New Reply