Login
register search gameSlave

Valkyria Chronicles
Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
16 February 2009 21:56 Reply (Quote this message)
Has anyone played this game on the ps3 and do we have a review coming.

The demo is pretty shite and makes you think it will just be random battles, but its one of the most beautiful and engaging games I have played in a while.
The art style is almost a hand drawn effect, its a rpg but instead of boring turn based battles you control them. It sounds bad but is actually very deep and quite complex.
Think of the battles being almost like a war hammer game, where each character can only move a certain distance and only attack once, what makes this different though is that you have command points and you can use a them on the same character more than once, however each time you do it per round the performance gets gradually worse so the characters cant move as far etc.

You can upgrade your weapons, recruit more people and do all sorts of things, once a person dies in a battle that is it they are dead forever and you really grow to care about most of the characters.

Unlike most jrpgs (its really not what I class as a jrpg in any way though) the voice acting so far is just spot on. It's set during a alternate world war 2 where you control a small little country being invaded by a big evil
For instance some characters are racist and don't work well with certain other races, some have great night vision and some have hay fever etc.

I just can't seem to explain quite how magical and awesome this game is, I would really like to see a review of it on gameslave. Please if you are looking for a strategy game with a great story, fantastic hand drawn style of graphics that just sucks you in, then give this game a go.
You can try the demo to see if you like the way the battles are played, but without the story and characters and all the other details of the game it feels very basic and empty.

KingKennedy

(Seph)

Forum rank 3 out of 5
16 February 2009 22:08 Reply (Quote this message)
Ive got it but not really played PS3 lately due to TV issues but I plan on going back to it and finishing it.

ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
16 February 2009 22:12 Reply (Quote this message)
I will get this soooooon! Rather low on money since I bought a new PC

Woof, I'm a clown!
Forum Home \ Gaming Chat - Other New Thread New Reply