Login
register search gameSlave

GTA?
SMCentral

Forum rank 0 out of 5
27 November 2008 20:37  Edited by SMCentral on 27-Nov-08 at 20:39 Reply (Quote this message)
Sorry guys but I am unsure where to post this. Firstly, this game is for the PC and does not need an amazing computer to run it. I come from an Grand Theft Auto online community called TheGTAHood and invite all members of gameSlave forums to come and play Grand Theft Auto with us. I can provide the game to anyone who is willing to play for free and our community will teach you the basics of the game.

I'm sure you have all heard of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. One of the most successful games ever. Some of you may have heard of a mod that modifies Grand Theft Auto San Andreas so that you are then able to play multiplayer. With up to 200 players per server. You can fight with friends, attempt to rule the city as a mafia boss, cap at some enemy gang members, fight some cops, literally with this mod, the possibilities are endless.

We have coded our own SA-MP (San Andreas Multi-Player) Server to create many RPG aspects and to bring an entire new era to SAMP. Our server is a renovated MMORPG which uses the GTA SA engine to create this environment. There are many kinds of jobs you can get, you can live your life. Be a gang banger, mafia member, a cop, FBI agent, lawyer. The possibilities of our RPG server are simply endless. If you've been slightly interested by anything said here I would urge you to sign up to our forums and check out our announcements at least so you can see more in depth what we're about.

When I tell you this can all be gotten - free of charge - you may think I'm mad. However here's how it will work. You can sign up to the forum and send a PM to the user "SMCentral" (Me). I will then provide you with information of how to get the PC version of GTA SA free of charge, You would then go to this http://sa-mp.com/ and download the patch to create your game multiplayer. It really is as simple as that. All you would then have to do is input the IP of our server on your sa-mp client and click connect.

Then you are on your way to a damn good time!

Our server is PvP (Player vs Player) based with roleplay features. So come on members of gameSlave, make a name for yourself and once your well-known in the crime industry then create an gang to take over Los Santos and extort weapons, drugs and businesses!

So what's stopping you? Download and connect to us today! http://www.thegtahood.com

EDIT: Sorry but I am having a tiny trouble with the links at the moment. Sorry guys!

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
27 November 2008 20:49 Reply (Quote this message)
Surprised you're having issue with links to be honest!

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Nath

up the baggies!

Forum rank 2 out of 5
27 November 2008 20:50 Reply (Quote this message)
Sounds pretty good tbh, might give it ago since im quite bored with the games i have atm.

When I get sad I stop being sad and become awesome instead.
SMCentral

Forum rank 0 out of 5
27 November 2008 21:01 Reply (Quote this message)
The problem may be a browser problem. (I'm using Google Chrome).

Heres some more "in-depth" information:

[url="http://www.TheGTAHood.com"]http://www.TheGTAHood.com">
62.212.66.218:7755

[size=18] Introduction to RTP-RP[/size]

Rise to Power Role Play is an already semi-established GTA community. Already we have 30-40+ players who are sticking with us. We are growing in numbers rapidly day by day. You may think that's not really good, well I forgot to mention one thing: Our server isn't even up yet, and we have all these loyal players ready to jump in ASAP. If we can get that many players when the server isn't up, well think how many we can get when it is up. This advertisement is just to inform you guys of this amazing server about to be born and it will create an entire new era in sa-mp.

[size=18]Type of server[/size]

The game mode is based around a PvP RP environment, meaning the role play is light and the PvP is a heavier main factor( This does not by any means make this a DM server ). I have seen game modes like this draw in many players who are absolutely infatuated with getting into a server like this and making a name for themselves. I have seen heavy RP servers, I have played them, and I hate them. All of the players I, and my staff have drawn here, are here for our extraordinary coding abilities, our inability to fail and ability to produce what we say, when we say it. The style of the server draws people in, like I said about players trying to make a name for themselves, and such, However it is deeper than that, the player is given a certain freedom where they will be able to do what they like, no game style will ever be forced upon someone. Every player is unique and has their own playing style, we respect that and we will uphold our word of not interfering with the gamers playing styles whatsoever. The coding team has been working relentlessly on this game mode, hell I've lost sleep over coding just to produce this server, I am hoping that the players will love it and they will come and enjoy themselves.

[size=18]Server Goals[/size]

Here is a short story to explain how our staff came together and decided to make the server. 5-6 Months ago we all played as part of a community on another RPG style server, we loved it, it was the best. Sadly the server host had a crash and all user files were lost, the coders started development on a a 3.0 version of the script. We were hyped, they took 5 months to code it, and during this time we were all playing other servers, none of which held up the quality of game play we were used to. When the server finally came back, it was ok for a few days. We then realised what a waste of time it was waiting for the new version since it provided no fun whatsoever. After this we all left, we failed to find a server to full fill our needs, a lot of people I knew were going to quit SAMP altogether. A few of us got together and discussed the possibility of creating our own RP server, then BAM active development started.

So the real aim is that we are trying to provide a game mode that will be enjoyable by all types of players, we have put countless hours into coding and all hosting comes out of our own pockets, no one helps us we just want players to come and have fun. If we see players having fun, which I am sure we will, our goal will be complete.

Anti-Cheat

Coding team worked extremely hard to create a 100% working, un exploitable anti cheat, one thing that always pissed me off was hackers logging in, spawning armour and a eagle and going around shooting people, it just completely undefined the meaning of RP/RPG.

Want to spawn Armour or Health? Sure that's fine, the script will just auto kill you.
Want to spawn Money? Sure that's fine, your money will just be put back to what it was and you will adhere to the punishment of an automatic /slap.
Want to spawn some weapons? Sure that's fine, if you want to be auto killed.
Want to spawn a Jetpack? Yes, seemingly not coded into the anti cheat, until it suddenly disappears and you fall to your death.

The rest of the hacks, such as speed will be logged and monitored by our specially trained administration team. Our admin team has to be one of the most sophisticated group of people ever. We are all great people, whoever gets admin I trust with my life, 110% they will not **** up. However should an alien probe temporarily borrow one of our admins brains and they make a mistake, it will be immediately rectified. But I have amazing expectations of the admins and they know what they are expected to uphold. Our admins all get along as friends and small disputes and arguments never set us apart because we discuss issues adult and maturely. However the admins are mature but they are people too and they are fun! Admins will try to help you as much as possible getting started and they all have a generally good attitude. They are specifically chosen and they're in all time zones, this will mean we will always have administrators on to look after the server whilst over admins sleep / go to work/college.

Time to move onto the game mode in general, most of you people know the original godfather jobs, so I will post new jobs and revamped jobs.

Jobs

Job: Mercenary
Features: As a mercenary you are able to use the command "/find [playerid/PartofName]". Using this command will create a red marker on the map depending on which player you chose to find, showing you their location. You will also have access to a special store where you will be able to purchase blindfolds and ropes. Then you will be able to use the command "/tie [playerid/PartofName]". You will only be able to tie a player when they are in a car. When tied a player cannot move until the ropes break. Finally you will be able to use "/blindfold [playerid/PartofName]" and a black Text Draw will cover their screen for a few minutes.
Skill:

Every time you use the command /find you will add 1 point to your skill level, you can type /skill in game to check your job skill.

Level 1 Mercenary:

- /find once every two minutes
- purchase rope & blindfold from the Mercenary Store for $50,000

Level 2 Mercenary:

- /find once every 1 minute 30 seconds
- purchase rope & blindfold from the Mercenary Store for $45,000

Level 3 Mercenary:

- /find once every 1 minute
- purchase rope & blindfold from the Mercenary Store for $40,000

Level 4 Mercenary:

-/find once every 30 seconds
- purchase rope & blindfold from the Mercenary Store for $35,000
- can see through /frisk whether a player is an undercover cop by finding a ''hidden wire''

Level 5 Mercenary:

-/find with no timer
- purchase rope & blindfold from the Mercenary Store for $30,000
- can see through /frisk whether a player is an undercover cop by finding a ''hidden wire''
- can check to see which players are connected to which radio frequencies

Lawyer

There has been a slight revamp with the lawyer job. There is still the /free command and the timer decreasing throughout skill level. The /defend command will allow level 1 lawyer to defend a player with 2 wanted points and decrease by one wanted point each time. As the level gets higher in lawyer you can /defend people with higher wanted levels. At level 5 you can remove a persons felon status.

Whore

The only change to whore is a timer on /sex and a minimum of $150 to give sex. This stops people power levelling the job to level 5 in less than 5 minutes which poses an un-fair advantage over other players.

Drug Dealing

The same system as before. We found players really like this system because it's simple and easy. However to stop power levelling one drug dealer cannot sell drugs to another drug dealer.

Arms Dealer

A new gun dealing system, simple yet more of an RPG aspect players will need to effectively unlock new guns as their Arms Dealing levels increase. At level 1 Arms dealer you start of with being able to create basic guns such as silenced pistol and baseball bats. As your gun dealing skill goes up you will learn how to create even more advanced guns.

Trucker Job

You are paid to deliver gas to the gas stations in the gas trucks.

Expect more additions to jobs in the future and also new jobs as a whole. Particularly drug dealing, possible addition of new drugs and a second drug den.

House Safes

Every house has a safe upgrade for the owner and each player who rents. In here you can store your weapons for a later time, or hide them from the cops. Note: Melee weapons cannot be saved, however all guns will be saveable in the house safes. With each safe level you purchase you can hold one more weapon.

General Script Additions

Instead of being ejected from a unauthorised vehicle (taxi, pd car etc) you are not able to enter the vehicle full stop and it will give you a message saying you do not have the keys for the vehicle. This fixes the client side exploit of getting free shotgun ammo from cop cars.

- Fully working car modification store, can add any part to any applicable car.
- When entering a car the ignition is automatically started, however you can use /ignition to turn off your vehicle to save the car gas.
- Available to buy in a 24/7 is radios! This is basically replacing the IRC system, when you have bought a radio you can use /join frequency [number] and you can all choose the same frequency and type to each other. Good for unofficial gangs and alliances and so on. FBI will be able to tune into frequencies if close enough and eaves drop on them.
- New DMV added in East LS with an interior. If you spawn and you don't have a license a red marker is set to the DMV to guide you to go purchase a license.
- Many, many, many admin triggered events added. The admin will type "/event [eventid] ", and the whole server will see a message like "Admin Rob has triggered an Event. Type /join event to join!". When the player types /join event their guns armour health and position is saved and they are teleported to the event. When they die/the event is over the player is put back into their old state with all their guns, armour and position restored.
- The godfather original ini files converted fully to MySQL. We are planning to code user files using php so their user file can be linked with their in game character. This will enable skin changes to be triggered on the site etc
- We have added text draw tutorial and a text draw under the map stating the website URL.
- Added a /bug command. This enables players to report bugs, it will be logged and dealt with within 24-48 hours.
- Totally new renovated admin system with a large variety of new admin commands and all admin activity logged, also all whisper, phone conversations, commands radios OOC chats logged into files for investigation into certain things such as server advertising.
- Paycheques are shown in a small text draw on pay day, and then the player can type /full stat to see a full bank statement. Paycheques will need to be picked up from inside the bank. Cheques will be saved on a players account so they can be picked up at any given time.
- You can buy cars for your player and it will be saved wherever you park it, you can change the colour, comes with a GPS system of where your car is located and such.
- Added an assistant in the LSPD to help the new players out. This will help new players know how to apply for the PD and understand what the PD is about. It will also explain how to file a complaint, apply for the PD and report a crime.
- Added an assistant in the Bank. This teaches players how to use all the bank commands. Also how to collect their paycheque and such. Added a bar assistant so you can buy Beer Cola Jack Daniels Vodka Water and Orange Juice.
- A big gold Buda at the newb spawn for decoration purposes.
- /discard added to get rid of guns and drugs
- It always occurred to me that when someone dies and they can't take it they just do a /ad to try get at the other player(s), I mean, yes, it's funny but irritating after a while. So to create an ad there will be 2 places you can go to, to make an ad. Ads will have prohibited characters such as numbers separated with dots, and http:// www. Websites and such.
- Removed red markers in food stores. Nothing is more annoying than chasing someone and they stand in the red marker for ages. So in it's place is a /eat [food] command, which will put the player in an animation and they will therefore not be able to spam food or hide in a red marker.
- Door System (credits to Krayzie Jackson's locs.cfg for providing a base to work from) all yellow markers are removed, instead you walk up to the door, where a custom arrow is and you are automatically placed inside.
- If you crash or quit your position, health, guns and armour will be saved so that when you re log you don't actually lose anything.
- Every payday the "Kill Frenzy" icon will randomly spawn somewhere in Los Santos, if you are lucky enough to stumble across it then pick it up. You will receive a nice reward.
- Ciggerettes available from the 24/7 which can restore a bit of health when used

[color="blue"]Los Santos Police Department

All known bugs fixed. New and improved PD menu with options tailor made to what the chief wants. For Example it could be: Normal | Patrol | SWAT | Heavy SWAT. In the menu, but the chief could ask us to change them at any given time. This is the same with FBI and NG.
Added a timer on the police tazer so that it cannot be spammed. Also added so you must be facing who you are tazing rather than tazing someone who is behind you or something ridiculous like that. Cops also have a new weapon that when fired, will have a 30% chance of stopping the fleeing car if close enough.

New PD commands.

/grab will enable PD members to take cuffed members in and out of interiors.
/tazer revamped of course. /tackle is similar to tazer but is used in different ways.
/roadblock will enable PD members with a certain rank to be able to set up roadblocks and take them away.
/lay spikes will allow pd members with a certain rank to be able to lay spikes in the road to spike a suspects tires. Then of course /retract spikes. {coming in the new SAMP)
/take (materials / guns) (amount) and this will be logged for cases of RP evidence and such.
/license lookup.
Radars for the PD/FBI/NG.
/backup for public services to call for backup.
Trialling the LVPD interior for the PD, however resorting to the LSPD interior will be an option if the PD / community vote otherwise. PD interior is set to a virtual world, so if a hacker attempted to teleport out, they'd be on their own in an empty map.

Gang Land

Entire new gang code. No server bounces for new gangs it is all done by an in game command. There are many purchasable HQ's all over Los Santos, each has variation in price.

Plenty of gang upgrades:

Interiors
Upgradeable interiors [future patch]
Extra cars (from the standard 4 you can buy an extra car up to 8)
Extra car id to choose from
Security camera upgrade so you can view the outside of your HQ from the interior(camera moves like a security camera)
Gangs will have to buy their colour (name colour)
Gangs will be able to buy a radar to see their members locations
Upgrade gang ranks
Purchasable helicopter slot [you don't pay for this like other servers/future patch]

Gang Gun Upgrade Levels

To upgrade gun level:

Level 1 - $0,000
Level 2 - $350,000
Level 3 - $750,000
Level 4 - $2,000,000
Level 5 - $10,000,000

With this the gang will be able to buy batches of guns for the safe. Depending on the gangs gun level it will cost x amount of money and x amount of materials to purchase a batch. When purchased the weapons are added to the gangs safe and are take able by the gangs members.

Gangs will have a gang level they can upgrade. This combined with all the other features allow gangs to show off how rich or powerful they are. We want to create an environment where players will never run out of things to spend their money on, gangs is just the starting point.

Point Wars

These are the points on the server:

Materials Pickup 1, 2 & 3
Materials Delivery 1, 2 & 3
Car Drop
Drug den

Once every 12 hours each of these points will become vulnerable at different times. The vulnerability means that any gang is able to take control of these points. If successfully taken the gang will receive rewards throughout the entire time they own the point. To claim a point a gang must have a rank 5 online. The rank 5 must claim the point and hold it for 10 minutes however during this time other gangs can come in and attempt to take out the gang and claim the point for themselves. After 10 minutes whichever gang has control of the point will officially claim it. The gang will then receive 75% of all money made at that point straight into their gang safe. But it doesn't stop there. If a gang is able to take a pair of points (for example Materials Pickup 1 & Materials Delivery 1) Then they will get 25% extra materials per mat run using these points. If a gang ever takes all of the points then they will receive a special award, I really don't feel like ruining the surprise so you'll have to find out for yourself.

Caligula's Casino

There is a casino in Los Santos with the Caligula's interior. At a random time when there is x amount of gang members and x amount of cops online the vault will be vulnerable for robbery. The time will be completely random every time so no one will ever know. This is a good event since the cops can get evolved and have an official reason for usage of the S.WA.T and such. So, the vault will become vulnerable, anyone can rob the safe gangs or civilians (unofficial gangs for example). Only gang members will see the message about the vault being vulnerable. There are new items for purchase in the Mercenary store (not only for mercenaries) that will assist In breaking the vault and storing money. Once the vault safe has been cracked it will take five minutes to open up. Once the vault is cracked the LSPD are alerted and it is announced globally on the news that there is a robbery in place. Other gangs /civilians will then have a chance to try and rob the vault. note: if one gang opens the vault that means that another gang will not have to crack it since it is already cracked. In the meantime cops will be devising tactics in order to stop the robbery and return the stolen money. Once the gang member is inside the vault he will have to approach which section he would like to rob and type /rob there is chancing that he will get a random sum of money or a random amount of materials or a random amount of both. The robber will automatically get felon status after robbing the vault and it will disappear after 2 minutes. However should the cops stop the raid then their dept will receive bonuses.

Bank Robbery

A bank robbery will need four players they will type a command inside the bank and there will be a chance of success and a chance of failure. There will need to be four cops online and robbers will need to be equipped with a firearm. They will then need to stay inside the bank for 5 minutes to receive the money, after that they are free to leave the bank and attempt to escape. Players who log after 5 minutes of robbing the bank will loose their robbed money. The players must be on the run for 5 minutes in order to escape with the stolen money. If they are caught by the cops the money is taken away and returned to the bank.

Businesses

We decided to keep all of the original godfather businesses with a revamp of the electrical company to prevent economical explosions of money. The businesses have all been revamped in one way or another, added is:

5 new gas stations each one is it's own business (xoomer gas company)
Every single 24/7 is it's own business
Universal mod shops available to purchase as businesses
Tow truck business

General & Factions

The EMT Faction will be getting a revamp to add more of an inspiration for players to actually want to lead or join this faction. As it stands the faction is semi worthless so it will 100% be getting a complete make over.

Our aim is going to be to add at least one patch a week to the server. Suggestions and ideas will be always considered and will be helpful. So at the bare minimum there will be a patch a week, but we will aim for more than just one patch, I think it's what the players deserve.

Factions :

Leaders for the Chief of Police and The director of FBI Have already been sought out. However the following factions need worthy leaders:

- EMT Leader
- News Leader
- National Guard

In addition to that new factions will be coded shortly, we're currently playing around with certain ideas of what we want for the next two factions. Stay tuned.

If you like some of the features here then I can't stress enough how much we'd love you to become a part of the community. Even if you only play the server for an hour, if you had fun then our goal is fulfilled. I guarantee 95% of people who sign up and play will prefer our server over many other servers and stay as active members of the server and community. Everything is paid for out of our own pockets and we don't even have premium donation systems, we have put our hearts and souls into this and the objective is to provide a fun player environment for a large variety of players.

I am sure there are many features I will have missed out, it really is a lot to type up, I trust many people who read this will have the honour of experiencing all of this and much more first hand when the server officially opens.

Well, this is a very long thread, if you got to here then thank you very much for reading this in its entirety, and if you like what you have read here then I hope to see you at the launch.

This is what has been done so far, throughout this week there will be much much more added into the script to ensure an amazing gaming environment for all!

Rise to Power Role Play
www.TheGTAHood.com
62.212.66.218:7755
Release on: 11th December 2008 at 9:00pm GMT. Be there or miss out!
http://www.TheGTAHood.com

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
27 November 2008 21:56 Reply (Quote this message)
Wow thats one big post, anyone who actually reads all of that has got my respect or maybe pity !

SMCentral

Forum rank 0 out of 5
27 November 2008 22:02 Reply (Quote this message)
Well, I know. They have a lot more respect from me to read that! But it goes though detail about what we do etc.

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
27 November 2008 22:17 Reply (Quote this message)
It's no browser problem, it's that you've written or phpbb or something similar, this forum is entirely custom and doesn't use the same formatting codes.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
GTA?
Forum Home \ Gaming Chat - Other New Thread New Reply