Login
register search gameSlave

Which ones better, the PSP or the nintendo ds?
Page 1  2  3 
Re0sLess

Forum rank 5 out of 5
31 January 2006 23:25 Reply (Quote this message)
I'll be the first admit that the PSP looks stunning, and blows the DS out of the water, but theres no orignality in it. Nintendo have always in my mine put Fun first and the DS looks like it follows in this trend, I wont get one tho. as i my gba was in a draw 2 months after i got it, and i expect this will be the same.

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
31 January 2006 23:58 Reply (Quote this message)
It may have original games like I said.. but most of them are ones that will have you bored within 2 hrs.. like nintendogs.. great for kids, but are you seriously gonna sit there playing that at our age ?

The drawing game is the same.. great for a quick busride or something but nothing more.

Re0sLess

Forum rank 5 out of 5
01 February 2006 02:11 Reply (Quote this message)
Yes but what else do you whant a hendheld for, other than a buss ride? if i'm at home i'm on my PC and at a mates on a xbox/ps

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
01 February 2006 12:48 Reply (Quote this message)
I'm just saying that there's more depth to the games on the PSP than there is on the DS, therefor it's a better purchase imo as you're not paying £35 for game you'll play for 10 seconds and then put down for a week or so.

1_Ru13

Forum rank 3 out of 5
01 February 2006 19:54 Reply (Quote this message)
They still haven't got a handheld console which runs the N64 emulators tho o well, im probably kiddin meself. By the sound of it, the psp is soo much better than the ds, so i might just get 1. The only attracion as far as i can see 4 the nintendo ds is mario cart, multiplayer.

Re0sLess

Forum rank 5 out of 5
01 February 2006 20:08 Reply (Quote this message)
N64 would suck nuts on a PSP there arent enough buttons

malis

Forum rank 4 out of 5
02 February 2006 01:55 Reply (Quote this message)
the PSP looks good but lets think about it.
For hardcore gaming you know nintendo is going to provide the best. If you're a gfx whore you arent a true gamer.

If you want to watch movies and listen to music.. lets think

I have a £160 mp3 player. Do i need another one with less memory? no.
Do i really want to watch a film on a small screen.. not really, i'd rather be gaming.

Which brings me full circle. I just wouldn't get a PSP as its just not what i want as a gamer.

gameSlave
Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
02 February 2006 12:25 Reply (Quote this message)
watching films on the psp is amazing though, the screen is one of the best screens on any system i've seen for both clarity and colour. It's a stunning picture and i've watched many films on it while in the car etc. I agree with the music part, but for an added extra you can't argue with it being there incase you want to listen to 1gb's worth of music (which tbh is still a lot more than most peoples journeys)

i'm not a graphics whore and still think that the DS's games are shit, except for maybe mario kart, plus the DS feels and looks like a brick to use

WUD

Resident Nutter

Forum rank 4 out of 5
02 February 2006 12:33 Reply (Quote this message)
PSP = Awesome
DS = Crap

Simple

"Wolves"
Re0sLess

Forum rank 5 out of 5
02 February 2006 13:35 Reply (Quote this message)
It seams as though your a DS fan or a PSP fan and there little middle ground.

Sony screens always did look good, but I just cant see why ppl would spend £15 on a UMD film when they can get the dvd for the same price. and my journeysdont take 2hours (unless i'm driving) so i woud'nt watch one on the go anyway.

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
02 February 2006 14:09 Reply (Quote this message)
yeah but it's not designed as a primary DVD player, the fact that it does play DVD quality movies and mp3's is an added bonus.. and the fact that they're so crystal clear is even better... i'm sure most people will just buy it to play games on but choice is always a good thing

Re0sLess

Forum rank 5 out of 5
02 February 2006 14:27 Reply (Quote this message)
As i said, little middle ground , I just dont like the PSP full stop, i dont know why, i just dont. and i've had amst every nintendo games system so i will always pick nintendo over sony. so all you arguments are falling on deaf ears.

DS = Good
PSP = Poop

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
02 February 2006 17:39 Reply (Quote this message)
Yeah but then you're a nintendo fanboy if you don't accept new systems

Re0sLess

Forum rank 5 out of 5
02 February 2006 22:04 Reply (Quote this message)
oh indeed

1_Ru13

Forum rank 3 out of 5
04 February 2006 20:15 Reply (Quote this message)
Wow, i get bak and theres another page of replies, boy have i got sum catchin up 2 do.

Hmm where to start...

Quote:

Thats a gay comment!, sorry, but it is. Not all of the N64 games used all of the buttons anyway, and im sure there wuld b sum way around it. People have already made an add on analouge stick 4 it ect. ect.
+ when you have over 500 games all ready, a few complications with controlls would b irrelevant.

Quote:

For hardcore gaming you know nintendo is going to provide the best.

If this was really the case, the gamecube wuld be more popular than the xbox (and Ps2)

Quote:

PSP = Awesome
DS = Crap

Simple

i take it u own a psp and obiously are completely biased, as much as i may agree with you now (judgin on what ppl are saying), this comment is "Crap" and completely irrelevant.
______________________________________________-

Quote:

Sony screens always did look good, but I just cant see why ppl would spend £15 on a UMD film when they can get the dvd for the same price. and my journeysdont take 2hours (unless i'm driving) so i woud'nt watch one on the go anyway

you can get dvd converters.

As far as i can see, the only attraction from the Ds is mario cart online using wi-fi. Wouldnt it be great if they made free online version for the PC.
I would play it, as long as:

1. There was enough people playin
2. It is virus free
3. It is free, free!

Maybe this is just a dream.

Re0sLess

Forum rank 5 out of 5
04 February 2006 23:24  Edited by Re0sLess on 04-Feb-06 at 23:31 Reply (Quote this message)
Quote:

Thats a gay comment!, sorry, but it is. Not all of the N64 games used all of the buttons anyway, and im sure there wuld b sum way around it. People have already made an add on analouge stick 4 it ect. ect.
+ when you have over 500 games all ready, a few complications with controlls would b irrelevant.

So you goning t go from 2 d-pads, 8 buttons to 2 d-pad and 4 buttons? so thats mario out, probaly golden eye and passably mario kart will lose functions.

Quote:

If this was really the case, the gamecube wuld be more popular than the xbox (and Ps2)

the GameCube did a hell of a lot better than the Xbox.

linky 1
Linky2

Re0sLess

Forum rank 5 out of 5
04 February 2006 23:56 Reply (Quote this message)
Just found this...

Games stats and stuff

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
05 February 2006 02:29 Reply (Quote this message)
There's an anolgue stick and a D-pad on the psp re0s so you can easily have enough controls

Re0sLess

Forum rank 5 out of 5
05 February 2006 11:13 Reply (Quote this message)
What as standard?

Anys way, Nintendo on a Sony system is just Dirty, you'll have to scrub for hours to cleam he Sony filth off

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
05 February 2006 12:34  Edited by Midnight on 05-Feb-06 at 12:37 Reply (Quote this message)
yes as standard, it's below the d-pad as can be seen here

Page 1  2  3 
Which ones better, the PSP or the nintendo ds?
Forum Home \ Gaming Chat - Other New Thread New Reply