Login
register search gameSlave

Who liked the Matrix films?
WUD

Resident Nutter

Forum rank 4 out of 5
14 September 2004 18:10  Edited by WUD on 14-Sep-04 at 18:16 Reply (Quote this message)
Right The Matrix was groundbreaking in every respect, from the Innovative stop motion camera angles, to the amazing effects.

Reloaded was OK!,(IMO) but Revolutions was a big pile of festering magotts eating a pile of crap, IMO!

'Quote'but you do need to know a little about, sudism, buddism, christianity, and it helps!, if you have ever read simulation and simulcra, (The desert of the real, you know the book it is all based on - the book at the very beginning of Matrix1)

Ok, some people may know all about sudism, buddism, christianity!, but that does not make Matrix a GOOD FILM!, "Storyline+Plot, that makes a good film", and part 2 and 3 did not have that. IMO

"Wolves"
Felon

Forum rank 5 out of 5
14 September 2004 18:33 Reply (Quote this message)
If I wanna watch a good film i will watch something that makes me think, if i wanna watch trash out comes matrix

good trash tho..

Atari 2600 1978-81 -|- ZX81 Spectrum 1982-84 -|- Commodore 64 1984-87 -|- Amiga 500 1988-91 -|- Sega Mega Drive 1992-94 -|- Atari Jaguar 1994-95 -|- Sony PS1/2 1995-04 -|- MS Xbox 2003-06 -|- Flawless 360 01/12/06 and counting.. 28 years gaming, man im old
Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
14 September 2004 21:13 Reply (Quote this message)
the last 45 mins or so of matrix part 1 are awesome, the fight scenes in part 2 are good, and part 3 is utter shite, and should never have been made.
Quite how they r making a 10disk set of those 3 films i do not know !!!

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
15 September 2004 00:44 Reply (Quote this message)
I'd have to slightly disagree,

1 was brilliant,
2 was terrible in almost every way.
3 actually seemed to have a storyline so got away with being bad, a little anyway

If 2/3 had never been made, 1 might have been seen as a classic in years to come, now it will just be seen as the movie that spawned two terrible sequels.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
malis

Forum rank 4 out of 5
15 September 2004 21:53 Reply (Quote this message)
yep, matrix could have been as classic as Blade Runner, now its just seen as the best of a generally poor trilogy

gameSlave
rstrich@gameslayers.com

Forum rank 0 out of 5
17 September 2004 09:11 Reply (Quote this message)
I've got to say the Matrix was / is an excellent trilogy, however you can't watch it like you're saying here, you've got to watch it as one film, if you watch all three in succession, it is soooo much better. my 2p in anyway.

KendoMonkey

munkeh

Forum rank 3 out of 5
17 September 2004 13:58 Reply (Quote this message)
Quote: rstrich@gameslayers.com
I've got to say the Matrix was / is an excellent trilogy, however you can't watch it like you're saying here, you've got to watch it as one film, if you watch all three in succession, it is soooo much better. my 2p in anyway.

I kind of agree with you in one way: if you watch all 3 in succession, they DO seem better.

But they're actually not. It's all in your deepest membranes, locked inside. It's like... you know the films are bad...but there's some unknown, perhaps evil, sentience that's telling you that the sequels are good. Deep within you there's a voice, perhaps the collective voice of Mankind, screaming desparately, imploring you to gouge out your eyes should the Unchosen One deem it important for you to watch the 2nd and 3rd films again.

^^ About as contrived, silly and annoying as the Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions.

Maz

gameSlave Bike Wrecker

Forum rank 5 out of 5
17 September 2004 21:16 Reply (Quote this message)
The First was Brilliant the second was pushin it and the third ****ed it

imo the First will still be seen as one of the Gratest films EVER and the other two pale in its shadow.

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
Issue the orders Sir, and I will storm Hell.
Scrappy

Uber sex0r?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
18 September 2004 01:59 Reply (Quote this message)
Dunno bout greatest film ever. Wierd Science gets that one I think

Maz

gameSlave Bike Wrecker

Forum rank 5 out of 5
19 September 2004 20:49 Reply (Quote this message)
Quote: Maz
The First was Brilliant the second was pushin it and the third ****ed it

imo the First will still be seen as one of the Gratest films EVER and the other two pale in its shadow.

Quote: Scrappy
Dunno bout greatest film ever. Wierd Science gets that one I think

lol i did say "one of"

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
Issue the orders Sir, and I will storm Hell.
Who liked the Matrix films?
Forum Home \ Films, TV Series New Thread New Reply