Login
register search gameSlave

New official Joe Calzaghe Lifestory DVD out in Nov!!!
joecal08

Forum rank 0 out of 5
12 September 2008 15:25  Edited by joecal08 on 23-Sep-08 at 17:09 Reply (Quote this message)
For all you Joe Calzaghe fans - just came across this! sounds good!
>>>>>

Joe Calzaghe – My Life Story. DVD released November 2008

"The greatest British boxer of our time"
Sugar Ray Leonard

Joe Calzaghe – My Life Story

The official life story of the greatest British boxer of our time and 'Welsh Hero', 'Super' Joe Calzaghe will be released in November 10th 2008. Joe Calzaghe – My Life Story DVD documents the fascinating career of the longest reigning world champion boxing title holder ever, with exclusive interviews with his family, never-seen before footage and commentary from A-list stars. From Sardinia to Wales to Las Vegas, the DVD takes us on a journey from humble beginnings to world wide success.

Voted Britain's Sports Personality of the Year 2007 and recently awarded a CBE (to add to his MBE!) Joe Calzaghe is the longest reigning title holder in boxing history. Hailed as 'The Pride of Wales', Joe recently surpassed 11 years as the WBO super middleweight champion and is currently placed 3rd in the top ten best pound for pound boxers in the world.

The film documents Joe's extraordinary life and stunning rise to personal greatness, as told by the man himself and, through exclusive footage, gives viewers a rare insight into the private life of the usually discreet boxer. The DVD charts the phenomenal journey of Joe's life through interviews with his closest family members, friends and trainers as well as fellow boxers, clearly showing the viewers why this boxer has come to be so admired & respected both in and out of the ring. The film also uses state of the art camera technology to give the viewer Joe's perspective during his harsh training regime along with an opponents eye view of what it's like to go a full 3 minutes in the ring with Joe!

The DVD features exclusive interviews from boxing legends such as, Sugar Ray Leonard and Jake 'The Raging Bull' Lamotta and features A-list stars including Sylvester Stallone and others. The film is punctuated with moving anecdotes from some of Joe's oldest Sardinian based Calzaghe family members and commentary from some of the industry's most respected experts.

The DVD exclusively covers the build up to Joe's first ever fight in the USA, where he took on the legendary Bernard Hopkins in Las Vegas.

Joe Calzaghe – My Life Story is the ultimate account of Britain's legendary undefeated boxing champion.

The film is made by Integral Productions, producers of the multi award winning 'Ricky Hatton – A Life Story' and distributed by Universal.

Forum Home \ Films, TV Series New Thread New Reply