Login
register search gameSlave

BD+ Blu-Ray DRM Cracked
Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
22 March 2008 11:25 Reply (Quote this message)
This made me laugh, not that I condone piracy at all but it's funny when someone being arrogant gets shot down in flames.

"In July 2007, Richard Doherty of the Envisioneering Group (BD+ Standards Board) declared: 'BD+, unlike AACS which suffered a partial hack last year, won't likely be breached for 10 years.' Only eight months have passed since that bold statement, and Slysoft has done it again. According to the press release, the latest version of their flagship product AnyDVD HD can automatically remove BD+ protection and allows you to back-up any Blu-ray title on the market."

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?no_d2=1&sid=08/03/21/1241234

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
22 March 2008 12:10 Reply (Quote this message)
They're fighting a pretty impossible battle. They have limits in terms of money and time on how much they can protect this sort of thing whereas there's a huuuge number of users who want to sidestep it and have unlimited time in their communities to do so.

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
22 March 2008 21:30 Reply (Quote this message)
Although saying that I doubt most pirates would be arsed to download a 50 gig version of a film, they will want it as small as possible and not care about quality.
I expect its a very very small amount of people who actually download a bluray disk, and then they will have to play it via their pc because a 50 gig BR disk costs as much as the film does to buy brand new. We also know pc's make pretty poor audio and video devices, so most people who will want to download 50 gig for a single film wouldn't want the decrease in quality they would get for using a pc.

So to sum up I doubt Bluray loses much money to piracy compared to dvds or music cds.

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
22 March 2008 21:41 Reply (Quote this message)
Except for the people that rent them and copy them etc

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
22 March 2008 21:54 Reply (Quote this message)
Yes but as I said mid, the 50 gig bluray disks are £18 on their own at overwankers, then add a rental into that and its normally far cheaper to buy the damn movie

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
22 March 2008 23:36 Reply (Quote this message)
I'm talking about people who copy them and play from the copy ! no burning !... I give up

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
22 March 2008 23:40 Reply (Quote this message)
Aye but 50 gig of space per movie is quite a bit, not to mention the spec of pc you need to run a bluray disk properly and the loss of quality, still in the future when disks are coming down in price I can see it being a issue but not so much now.

BD+ Blu-Ray DRM Cracked
Forum Home \ Films, TV Series New Thread New Reply