Login
register search gameSlave

Most wanted movies in HD
Page 1  2 
Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
20 December 2007 20:21 Reply (Quote this message)
As HD players are becoming so cheap, I thought I would make a forum post for those of us with either HD-DVD or Bluray players asking what are our most wanted movies in HD.

I will get the ball rolling so to speak.

Lord of the rings trilogy - Imagine all those stunning shots in HD

Battlestar Galactica the complete series - This is the way to watch the show, so you can watch eight hours in one sitting.

Indiana Jones Trilogy - Many of us think the Indy films are the definition of the perfect popcorn flick.

Band of Brothers - I think this is damn near perfect, and watching it in HD will make it even more harrowing and moving.

Obi

Forum rank 1 out of 5
20 December 2007 20:28 Reply (Quote this message)
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Band of Brothers
Saving Private Ryan
Transformers (on bluray dammit i aint buying a ****ing hddvd player)

Not really interested in LOTR tbh, it will look AMAZING but i cant see me ever being able to sit though those films again, just too damn long and drawn out

Scrappy

Uber sex0r?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
20 December 2007 20:48 Reply (Quote this message)
Showgirls! \o/

Felon

Forum rank 5 out of 5
20 December 2007 20:54 Reply (Quote this message)
pearl harbour and ID4

Atari 2600 1978-81 -|- ZX81 Spectrum 1982-84 -|- Commodore 64 1984-87 -|- Amiga 500 1988-91 -|- Sega Mega Drive 1992-94 -|- Atari Jaguar 1994-95 -|- Sony PS1/2 1995-04 -|- MS Xbox 2003-06 -|- Flawless 360 01/12/06 and counting.. 28 years gaming, man im old
Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
20 December 2007 20:58 Reply (Quote this message)
pearl harbour? Only worth watching for Kate Bekinsale. Otherwise its poop.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Abstract

Forum rank 3 out of 5
20 December 2007 21:03 Reply (Quote this message)
As has already been mentioned, LOTR, BoB, etc.

The Star Wars movies.

Stargate SG-1, the Star Trek series.

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
20 December 2007 21:04 Reply (Quote this message)
You're more of a geek than me Abs ;-)

Abstract

Forum rank 3 out of 5
20 December 2007 21:07  Edited by Abstract on 20-Dec-07 at 21:08 Reply (Quote this message)
LOL

I didn't realise how geekish that sounded when typing it, but saying star wars, stargate, and star trek in the same sentence has gotta be geekish.

ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
20 December 2007 22:28 Reply (Quote this message)
I really want Transformers in HD Blu-ray (I thought it was as fun as ID4). Don't think it's ever coming to Blu-ray though

Apart from that:

LoTR
The Rock
Apple Seed
Advent Children Complete
Versus
Casshern
Children of Men
Heroes
Devil may Cry Anime
Bleach Movie

Gah, to many...

Woof, I'm a clown!
Spitfire

Forum rank 3 out of 5
20 December 2007 22:54 Reply (Quote this message)
I would like ...
Gladiator
History of violence
American History X
True Romance
Pulp Fiction
the Matrix trilogy
Strange Days
Fight Club
Lock Stock & 2 smoking barrels
Snatch and Pitch Black
please Santa

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."
Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
20 December 2007 22:58 Reply (Quote this message)
I have a huge DVD collection that stopped growing about 3 years ago when I realized that i NEVER re-watched ANY film in the collection.

I bet 90% of you are the same, so why buy films on DVD? Rent the ****ers, watch once, seen it: bye bye.

Felon

Forum rank 5 out of 5
20 December 2007 23:10 Reply (Quote this message)
Ok serious reply, if I ever go down the hd route. Films id want to see in HD are.

Aliens
Predator
City of god
Jaws
The Thing
Face Off
Matrix tril
LOTR
28 days later

lots and lots tbh

Atari 2600 1978-81 -|- ZX81 Spectrum 1982-84 -|- Commodore 64 1984-87 -|- Amiga 500 1988-91 -|- Sega Mega Drive 1992-94 -|- Atari Jaguar 1994-95 -|- Sony PS1/2 1995-04 -|- MS Xbox 2003-06 -|- Flawless 360 01/12/06 and counting.. 28 years gaming, man im old
Re0sLess

Forum rank 5 out of 5
20 December 2007 23:12 Reply (Quote this message)
Quote: Mani
I have a huge DVD collection that stopped growing about 3 years ago when I realized that i NEVER re-watched ANY film in the collection.

I bet 90% of you are the same, so why buy films on DVD? Rent the ****ers, watch once, seen it: bye bye.

tbh I am the same, for the most part, so now i just wait till there in the sales, and pick them up for about a fiver, just a bit more than a rental, unless i really want to see it.

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
20 December 2007 23:12 Reply (Quote this message)
serious reply, films i want to see in HD, none of the above.

I've seen them already!!!

Spitfire

Forum rank 3 out of 5
20 December 2007 23:24 Reply (Quote this message)
Hand on hart - I have watched each of my films at least 3 time & I have hundreds of films , the ones I have listed are films I have seen at least 5 - 10 times over the years.
My usual pattern is :
1) Watch the movie in the dark with all the sounds hooked up & no disturbances.
2) Watch it with who every happens to be in the mood for a film i.e. friends will say lets watch a movie & I will want to re watch though this time I will be looking for things which I missed in on the 1st sitting
3) Mood / time since last seen rational , I don't watch much TV & so I tend to want to watch films when I am not having a gaming night.
But that's just me Mani

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."
Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
20 December 2007 23:37  Edited by Midnight on 20-Dec-07 at 23:37 Reply (Quote this message)
join lovefilm.com for £15 a month, rent unlimited movies have 2 rented out at any time (including games) and quit spending £15 on one film you'll watch just the once.

No I don't work for them

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
21 December 2007 00:22  Edited by Stan on 21-Dec-07 at 00:39 Reply (Quote this message)
I am sorry but grant bollocks renting dvds online, been there done that from dozens of companies and for every ten dvds you rent at least eight of them are so badly ****ing scratched you cant even watch the movie.

I admit I have thousands of films on dvd, but thats because I watch a film when I am in the perfect mood. Sod thinking ooh I will watch the thing today but oh no wait I have to wait a month for them to send me it.

Not to mention that I can lend my friends my fave films on dvd, so that they too have seen the film.

I watch almost all of my films many many times, the reason most people dont watch a dvd more than once is because they ****ing bought wild wild west or troy or some other load of shite.

Not to mention is there anything worse than having a mate over and deciding to watch a film, to then realize you only actually have half a dozen movies to choose from ?

I guess thats the difference between a true film buff, and some one who just puts a film on as something to do. True film buff's will want to watch the same film many times when the mood hits them.

Oh and shane as for 28 days later in HD, don't waste you time it was filmed used a very very low res digital camera and it looked bloody shocking on dvd, it will only look worse in HD.

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
21 December 2007 00:31  Edited by Stan on 21-Dec-07 at 00:38 Reply (Quote this message)
Otherwise there are some really good suggestions for movies in HD

Looking at the lists made me want to add

Seven - Such a stunning looking film, will be brilliant in HD

Alien - Same as Seven, just such superb cinematography

Gladiator - I know spit already mentioned it, but this film looks superb in HD

Sadly due to all the effects and added grain 300 is not a benchmark film in HD, I also happen to think cashern wont look that good due to all the filters used.

Oh and for a low budget old film, The Thing is bloody fantastic on hd-dvd, like a different movie. Just goes to show it ain't all about budget.

Ralinn I just put The Rock Bluray edition on right now, will post back later on comments on the transfer.

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
21 December 2007 01:31 Reply (Quote this message)
Ryan they're not scratched at all - they're all checked when sent out and i've never had a scratched on at all sent to me. They're posted first class and you don't have to pay to send 'em back either - so you get them next day most of the time. I know i'm sounding like an advertisement for them but I don't care

I don't care how much of a film buff you are you can't sit and watch the same film over and over and over again - it gets so boring when you know it down each line etc. If you have a mate over and want to see a film - pop down blockbuster or something. I dunno about everyone else but i'd rather keep my hard earned cash and be able to rent out 60 dvd's a month for £15 than spend £900 on those same DVD's if I were to buy them - not to mention if you're getting HD or Blueray versions you're paying more than that in most cases too.

ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
21 December 2007 02:17  Edited by ralinn on 21-Dec-07 at 02:18 Reply (Quote this message)
Quote: Stan Ralinn I just put The Rock Bluray edition on right now, will post back later on comments on the transfer.

Cheers,

Is Gladiator on Blu-ray? I really need to see that in HD. Seven too.

Woof, I'm a clown!
Page 1  2 
Most wanted movies in HD
Forum Home \ Films, TV Series New Thread New Reply