Login
register search gameSlave

i need some help modding a radion 9800se to 9800pro
cp84

Forum rank 0 out of 5
08 November 2004 21:22 Reply (Quote this message)
hi this is directed to scrappy more than anyone else, however if anyone else has any experience with this your help would be greatly appreciated.

i was talking to stan about possibly softmodding my 9800se to a 9800 pro and stan informed me that scrappy had done this successfully.

stan suggested me posting on the forum to see whether i could get any help, if any of you could help me out i would be very thankful.

cheers, chris.

Maz

gameSlave Bike Wrecker

Forum rank 5 out of 5
09 November 2004 10:12 Reply (Quote this message)
from all i know of this you download a new gfx firmwear from the 9800pro and install it on your 9800se....

however dont quote me on that and check with scrappers

hehehe ima check later cos i feel the need of more gfx speed
and my 9200se is despratly underpowerd....

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
Issue the orders Sir, and I will storm Hell.
Scrappy

Uber sex0r?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
09 November 2004 13:34  Edited by Scrappy on 09-Nov-04 at 13:35 Reply (Quote this message)
Sorry about the delay in replying. Yes it's easy, all you need to do is install the Omega ATI Drivers found here. Make sure when you install them that u select ur card as 9800SE. Keep you're fingers crossed as some cards won't soft mod. Best thing to do to test it, is run 3DMark, and look for any kind of artifacting or sparkling. I'd also check your score with the unmodded card first so you have a benchmark.

The card I got worked fine 'Hercules 9800SE AIW'
I know those cards had the best sucess rate, I'm not too sure about the other ones however.

cp84

Forum rank 0 out of 5
10 November 2004 22:52 Reply (Quote this message)
thanks for your response guys,

ive already tried to softmod it, while it worked to some extent (much better fps) it seems i've gotten a bit unlucky as i get "artifacts" otherwise knows as crap on my monitor.

teaches me for buying one off ebay

anyway its not the end of the world, i needed a new GC anyway, you win some you lose some i guess.

cheers anyway,

chris.

Maz

gameSlave Bike Wrecker

Forum rank 5 out of 5
11 November 2004 10:25 Reply (Quote this message)
hehehe yeah i got a new gfx card but im not aloud to have it till my dad's satisfied that he doesnt need to sell it

i still get the 125fps " well most of the time (when im looking at walls boxes floors and sky atleast )

oh ye good olde mouse flick

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
Issue the orders Sir, and I will storm Hell.
i need some help modding a radion 9800se to 9800pro
Forum Home \ Hardware/Software Support New Thread New Reply