Login
register search gameSlave

need pc help, wont start..sometimes..
Negotiator

Forum rank 3 out of 5
02 March 2009 18:51 Reply (Quote this message)
hi ok my pc crashed a few nights ago, i didnt see how or why cos i wasnt in the room, when i came back it was rebooting itself every 5 secs. i left it untill sunday night to try and fix it cos i had busy weekend. i took everything out but the mobo and power supply thinking that it was just my power supply. left it on for 10mins, didnt crash, so i added ram, gfx, hd etc bit at a time so i could see what could be wrong. they all worked fine, had pc up running last nite with no problems, was playing cod4 for about an hour.

today i came home from work put it on, worked great for 3 mins untill it blue screened and crashed, and restarted and froze at the part at the very start of the bootup where it tells u the gfx card mobo etc. a few restarts later i get a few errors.

"bios rom checksum error
Detecting floppy drive a media....
Drive A error. System halt"

restarted again thinkin wtf and got new error

"Warning! Now system is in safemode
Please reset cpu or memory frequency in cmos setup"

so i went into bios had a look around for anything to do with memory frequency or resetting cpu, no luck, bit i disabled floppy drive A, cos i dont have a floppy connected to pc.

restarted pc and its working again, but something isnt right, anyone got any clue to whats wrong?

please dont say its my mobo

Bri

Scottish Tart

Forum rank 2 out of 5
02 March 2009 19:41 Reply (Quote this message)
a quick google search suggested removing the little battery from the mobo for 30-60mins, to clear the cmos and see if its any better.

SS.Pic

Forum rank 0 out of 5
03 March 2009 06:50 Reply (Quote this message)
I hope its not the dreded NVLDDMKM driver crash. Thats what I have and there is no known cure.

When in doubt knock'em out !!
Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
03 March 2009 10:31 Reply (Quote this message)
Do you have a nokia phone with the nokia software installed on your pc ? That's what caused my crash like that constantly. I removed it in safemode and it's gone since then ( Vista 64)

Negotiator

Forum rank 3 out of 5
04 March 2009 17:06 Reply (Quote this message)
i dont, its so random ive no idea, sometimes it works sometimes it dont, just now it took 5 mins to boot up windows. so many things not right, thinkin of buying a new mobo

need pc help, wont start..sometimes..
Forum Home \ Hardware/Software Support New Thread New Reply