Login
register search gameSlave

Ps3 Audio Help
KingKennedy

(Seph)

Forum rank 3 out of 5
14 February 2009 21:04 Reply (Quote this message)
I'm sure someone on here can help me quite easily on this,

I've had some TV trouble so i've put my ps3 into my pc monitor via hdmi-dvi cable. However I have nothing to play sound through, anyone know whats the quickest(and cheapest) way to get decent sound from scratch

Thanks

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
14 February 2009 21:39 Reply (Quote this message)
I need to know what inputs your tv has, does it have dual rca inputs [only get stereo sound] or does it have a optical input, though the chances of that are pretty low.

Your best bet is two rca/phonos from the ps3 to your tv, you will no doubt need to buy some sort of adapter.

Hang on if its your monitor it wont have speakers, so what do you need speakers and everything ?

If you want help we need more details !

KingKennedy

(Seph)

Forum rank 3 out of 5
14 February 2009 21:48 Reply (Quote this message)
Yea its my monitor, it has nothing. I need pretty much everything

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
14 February 2009 22:12 Reply (Quote this message)
Budget would be nice, also do you want 5.1 speakers, 2.1 speakers. Will it also be used for your pc etc

KingKennedy

(Seph)

Forum rank 3 out of 5
14 February 2009 23:46 Reply (Quote this message)
Budget is quite open ended, i'm not really sure how much it would cost to even set a budget. It will only be used for my ps3/360, i was googling earlier and a few came up with Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Multimedia Surround Sound system

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
15 February 2009 00:06 Reply (Quote this message)
You must have a budget even if you say from £50-£300.
I cant advise you without one, as you get what you pay for.

Honestly I don't know much about cheap all in one kits, but if you budget goes over 200 quid let me know, try to go with brands like yamaha, denon,pioneer etc

Stay away from the likes of bose, creative, bush, etc.

If you want 5.1 sound it will need a optical input [I doubt you will want to spend the sort of money to get a setup with hdmi sound inputs].

If its just stereo you are going for then either go for optical or dual rca/phono inputs. If you do the phono inputs you will need to buy a adapter or something for the ps3 as it doesnt output them by default [I think].

KingKennedy

(Seph)

Forum rank 3 out of 5
15 February 2009 12:07 Reply (Quote this message)
My shit TV has fixed itself today for some reason so i'm gonna put this on hold. I was looking between 100-200, no doubt my tv will fck up again soon though

Ps3 Audio Help
Forum Home \ Hardware/Software Support New Thread New Reply