Login
register search gameSlave

Blueray playback on pc
Re0sLess

Forum rank 5 out of 5
28 August 2008 17:33  Edited by Re0sLess on 28-Aug-08 at 17:38 Reply (Quote this message)
Hi chaps

I just got a blueray player for my PC (as its £150 cheaper then a standalone one ) but i am having trouble with playback and wanted some advice

ok so powerlink DVD says my PC graphics/monitor set-up isnt HDCP, and that i should put a DVI-to-VGA converter inline an use it in analogue mode.... thats C%@p, my moniter needs dual DVI, and thus would not work in VGA (+ i what HD ffs )

Here is my set-up

Dell 3007 TFT [from the dell site] Content Protection (HDCP)
G-force 8800GTX [again nividas site says its a go for HDCP]
and the latest drivers

So what's the problem? and one any ideas?

EDIT: if it helps I have vista 64 business,

Bri

Scottish Tart

Forum rank 2 out of 5
28 August 2008 18:52 Reply (Quote this message)
have you updated powerDVD and your gfx card drivers?

Re0sLess

Forum rank 5 out of 5
28 August 2008 22:27 Reply (Quote this message)
from what i have read thats the main problem as they added extra security , i fixed it with anyDVD bypassing the DRM stuff, not perfect but it will do until i can afford a real player

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
30 August 2008 01:02 Reply (Quote this message)
Tbh I am afraid I don't know that much about using pc's as audio or video devices, just that normally they are pretty poor at it due to all the electrical interferance.

However if done well and properly shielded they can be superb, as what do you think most films are mastered on etc.
If you are still having some issues my best advice would be to google for a guide [avoid ocuk bunch of fking idiots] and also to email power dvd and the makers of your drive.

Also I dunno what os you are using mate, but I have found vista is pretty bloody petti about streaming audio and video, as I just cannot get vista to steam dolby digital or dts in 5.1 to my amp.

You may well find a lot of your issues dont exist in xp.

I am sorry I wasn't really any help mate but this area is not really my thing.

Blueray playback on pc
Forum Home \ Hardware/Software Support New Thread New Reply