Login
register search gameSlave

Weird G-mail thing ?
Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
07 May 2008 15:01 Reply (Quote this message)
Right this is for those of you who use Gmail (if you don't you should be as it rocks )

I've got 2 Gmail accounts.. one of them is really old and in the top right it has "newer version" and "older version" links. This all works fine.

The other Gmail account is a new one. It doesn't have the 'newer / older' version links. Everything else is fine. However, logging into the new gmail account from another PC shows these newer / older version links... I'm pretty sure there's no settings in the gmail stuff itself that would enable this. I'm just wondering if anyone knows why it would be swapping ? I've read that only certain gmail accounts have access to the new features so far.. but that won't explain away it being available on different pc's.

Any help ?

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
07 May 2008 16:18 Reply (Quote this message)
Hmm I solved it. Apparantly it only shows that stuff on IE7 and Firefox. Not on earlier versions of IE.

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
07 May 2008 16:35 Reply (Quote this message)
pfft IE7 sucks, 8 isn't much better either (so far anyway).

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
07 May 2008 16:37 Reply (Quote this message)
I only use firefox. I had set up a new gmail account for a friend of my parents and theirs was a different layout and I was trying to figure out why over the phone. They had an older version of IE and it seems it doesn't like that at all. I'll stick firefox on their pc when I go over there and sort it all out

Weird G-mail thing ?
Forum Home \ Hardware/Software Support New Thread New Reply