Login
register search gameSlave

Vista n95 warning
Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
07 April 2008 06:06 Reply (Quote this message)
For those of you who own a Nokia N95 (awesome phone) and Vista 64. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT get the latest pc suite from the nokia site. When trying to sync your phone your pc will bluescreen and then go into a BSOD cycle everytime you boot up.

If you're unlucky to have done this already then you can do the following to fix it:

Boot into safe mode, go to run and type msconfig, untick the box for Pcsuite and click apply. Then go to Device Manager and find the reference to the N95 (also applies to any other N-series phone) and disable it in Device Manager. Then when you boot it should work fine.

Even restoring to a last known good configuration forced the BSOD and this was the only way I got it working. Gah, thought I was going to be forced to format at first

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
07 April 2008 06:11 Reply (Quote this message)
Having just read the forums it seems to apply to ALL N-series phones, so be warned

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
07 April 2008 11:53 Reply (Quote this message)
this only 64 bit?

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
07 April 2008 14:11  Edited by Midnight on 07-Apr-08 at 14:12 Reply (Quote this message)
Actually I think no, I think it applies to all versions of vista from one forum I read. I've not personally tried on 32bit though.

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
07 April 2008 14:21 Reply (Quote this message)
I'll give it a miss until they've fixed it anyway

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Vista n95 warning
Forum Home \ Hardware/Software Support New Thread New Reply