Login
register search gameSlave

World of Warcraft Euro BETA cancelled?
Tricky

Forum rank 4 out of 5
30 July 2004 09:22  Edited by Jimbo on 30-Jul-04 at 09:23 Reply (Quote this message)
Hard to say if its true or not but..
"The sign-up period for the World of Warcraft European Closed Beta Test is now over. During the sign-up period we found out that many applies had duplicate or similar addresses. We received 2,890,390 applies to the European Closed Beta Test and with professional help from Vodafone we detected over 1 million fake applies and/or e-mail abusements. Based on those facts we, the Blizzard WoW European Beta Team, decided to cancel the European Closed Beta"
http://www.cod-nation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=992

If it is true then thats a bit pathetic since its obvious there are going to be duplicate signups as people who are really desperate to get on the beta try and up there odds or abuse the sign up form like people do on some internet polls. Its not as if you wouldnt expect this on a WoW beta signup form.
Surely if they have 'detected' the fake applications they can still do the random pic from the rest !??!

Jammin

gameSlave Tart

Forum rank 5 out of 5
31 July 2004 10:17 Reply (Quote this message)
What they should do IMO:
All the people who had duplicate address'... ban them both;
then us legit monkeys have a better shot at the prize

Bring Back shoutbox!
morkith

mia

Forum rank 3 out of 5
31 July 2004 10:42 Reply (Quote this message)
I aint seen anything 'official' about the beta being cancelled, and I certainly wouldnt believe anything posted on cod-nation without anything official to back it up

Tricky

Forum rank 4 out of 5
31 July 2004 12:43 Reply (Quote this message)
I never said it was true, just it would really suck IF it was true, if it was offical it would have been straight on the news

World of Warcraft Euro BETA cancelled?
Forum Home \ Gaming Chat - Shooters New Thread New Reply