Login
register search gameSlave

battlefield 3 gameplay video
Page 1  2 
Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
03 October 2011 13:42 Reply (Quote this message)
Weapons are good, the sound in particular is great.

Have to say that I'm quite disappointed with how it looks and plays though.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Spitfire

Forum rank 3 out of 5
03 October 2011 14:35 Reply (Quote this message)
So what are the weapons dynamics like ? are they closer to Cod & is bullet penetration realistic ?

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."
Maz

gameSlave Bike Wrecker

Forum rank 5 out of 5
03 October 2011 17:55 Reply (Quote this message)
Quote: Spitfire
So what are the weapons dynamics like ? are they closer to Cod & is bullet penetration realistic ?

Physics wise its pretty nice, having to lead targets, compensate for drop, no windage though, hitboxes are proper BF2 style and on Caspian you'll find it pretty difficult with iron-sights .
Damage/ penetration wise In normal its about the same as BFBC2 2142 and BF2, Hardcore isn't in the Beta.

There are some bugs in the Beta which have been fixed for retail already i.e. you take 50% more damage if you're running into/towards a bullet, and the hit boxes sometimes "lag" so you dive for cover and get shot a second or so later because your hit box is still standing/running or w/e.

All in all, I'm impressed, it feels more like BF2 did than BC2, especially on the Caspian Boarder map.

The planes look lame flying at about 5mph though.

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
Issue the orders Sir, and I will storm Hell.
Spitfire

Forum rank 3 out of 5
03 October 2011 19:03 Reply (Quote this message)
Mani & Maz you worrying me guys - sounds like a re-brushed BF2 ... $64,000 question is ... are you still keen to buy it and what makes it worth giving a punt ?
Responses on a postcard please :-P

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."
Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
03 October 2011 20:20 Reply (Quote this message)
Still buying yes.

KingKennedy

(Seph)

Forum rank 3 out of 5
03 October 2011 20:44 Reply (Quote this message)
It's definately worth buying. There are issues/bugs with the beta though as Maz said. I've read you can't run the beta on ultra settings(?) so not sure what it looks like yet if thats the case.

Having rush and conquest sets it apart from BF2 as the gameplay is completely different in each mode.

Some of the non gameplay things are bothering me though. I've read that the squad system from the beta is what they are planning in retail which is staggering as its just awful. Can;t believe they would be so retarded to think its a good idea. The ingame minimap while waiting to spawn is pathetic. They need to just port the squad system from any of the previous games quickly into the final game

Bri

Scottish Tart

Forum rank 2 out of 5
03 October 2011 22:08 Reply (Quote this message)
agreed, the shitty squad system is such a huge oversight. you'd think at least one person who played the game internally would of mentioned not being able to swap squads so you can join your friends is pathetic.

console owners get proper shafted, downloaded the beta for the ps3 and it looks so bad compared to the pc.

Nath

up the baggies!

Forum rank 2 out of 5
06 October 2011 12:12  Edited by Nath on 06-Oct-11 at 12:15 Reply (Quote this message)
Sick to death of bush campers, but other than that I'm quite enjoying it. Whats everyones Origins names?

Edit: Oh and being sniped by smgs is pretty lame.

When I get sad I stop being sad and become awesome instead.
KingKennedy

(Seph)

Forum rank 3 out of 5
06 October 2011 18:56 Reply (Quote this message)
KingKennedy84 is mine, I read finally today they have changed to a proper squad system for retail!!

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
06 October 2011 19:51 Reply (Quote this message)
Yer that was announced earlier this week, sorta anyway.

It's still a bit disappointing though tbh, net-code sucks really hard.

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
10 October 2011 16:39 Reply (Quote this message)
I cancelled mine... .. for now. I need to upgrade my PC and I won't be doing that until late November / Xmas to play it properly. Beta is ok, there's a lot I like..

NOT liking this though... Jet gameplay

There goes all the skill from bombing targets. At least flares actually work now though. You just know everyone is going to be using that vehicle mod, seeing as it's so easy.

Absolutely hate the 3d spotting as well. It was much better having to look on the map to work out where someone was rather than seeing huge red icons all the time.

Midnight

I have a big chopper

Forum rank 5 out of 5
10 October 2011 16:45 Reply (Quote this message)
Also, the never needing to head to the runway to reload the planes looks shitty. You can just stay up forever with the auto healing planes and unlimited ammo. If you thought planes were annoying in BF2 then they're going to be way way worse when the good pilots get up in the air with guaranteed hit bombs etc.

Page 1  2 
battlefield 3 gameplay video
Forum Home \ Gaming Chat - Shooters New Thread New Reply