Login
register search gameSlave

MW2
JamesD

Forum rank 0 out of 5
23 March 2010 17:20 Reply (Quote this message)
Robert Bowling, Director of Communications and Community Manager for Infinity Ward, appeared on Major Nelson's podcast this week to discuss the recently announced 'Stimulus' Map Pack for the hugely successful Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

The "Stimulus Package", due for release on Xbox Live on March 30th, is set to provide fans with five new multiplayer maps and will be priced at 1200 Microsoft Points (around £10.00). The maps encompass a variety of locations and the three brand new maps are as follows;

"Bailout," a multi-level apartment complex,
"Storm," an open industrial park littered with heavy machinery,
"Salvage," a snowy junkyard fortified by stacked debris and crushed cars.
Alongside this two firm fan favourites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare are included too, which are "Crash," a war-torn urban environment – which Bowling comments as being "one of the greatest maps in the franchise" – and "Overgrown," which features a massive dry creek bed that is wide open and therefore great for sniping!

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein....Clever bloke
Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
23 March 2010 17:32 Reply (Quote this message)
Bollox to coughing up a tenner for new maps ;-)

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
JamesD

Forum rank 0 out of 5
23 March 2010 18:52 Reply (Quote this message)
many millions will and il be one ov them

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein....Clever bloke
D3CYPH3R

Forum rank 3 out of 5
23 March 2010 18:55 Reply (Quote this message)
I really hate this recent initiative of "DLC" stuff that used to be free in patches or in the original game is now charged for, so hey release half a game and keep you paying for the rest of what you deserve.

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
23 March 2010 18:58 Reply (Quote this message)
And Activision are the worst for it, always twice the price.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Negotiator

Forum rank 3 out of 5
24 March 2010 00:10 Reply (Quote this message)
i wont be buying, although id love to play them

JamesD

Forum rank 0 out of 5
24 March 2010 12:25 Reply (Quote this message)
its the way things are now for the time i will get out of the new maps its worth £10 to me

ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
24 March 2010 13:29  Edited by ralinn on 24-Mar-10 at 13:30 Reply (Quote this message)
I don't mind paying a small amount for added content... I just don't like it when some things are locked away on a disc and they make you pay for unlocking it. That's a damn rip off IMO.

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm had stuff locked away on the blu-ray and they opened it up monthly. You didn't have to pay for it, but I thought it was quite pointless. Having to pay for something like that would infuriate me.

I guess there are two ways of looking at DLC though. To some people it's a rip off, but many people get an incredible amount of play time out of it, especially map packs for games like Halo. To them it definitely worth the money.

I'm looking forward to Super Street Fighter 4 myself. Most people think that's a rip off but I'll gladly pay £25 for it even though its mostly content I already have. )

Woof, I'm a clown!
MW2
Forum Home \ Gaming Chat - Shooters New Thread New Reply