Login
register search gameSlave

Frontlines: Fuel of War Beta impressions
Spitfire

Forum rank 3 out of 5
26 December 2007 16:42  Edited by Spitfire on 26-Dec-07 at 16:46 Reply (Quote this message)
Well guys , I have only been playing this for a few hours but my initial impressions are very positive . Game play is a combination of BF2 with a smattering of BF2142 but with a defined front line a la QW:ET .
Graphics are great even at this stage in the games development , vehicle manipulation is intuitive & though the physics are still a little raw flying & driving is a buz . Balance is good with no vehicle immune to infantry retaliation as a matter of fact this looks like it could be very much an infantry friendly game with lots of scope for a player execute take & hold tactics .
There are player classes with upgrades based upon experience points , though at this stage it does not look like they are permanent upgrades .
The player physics are spot on in terms of inertia & weapon recoil / accuracy . There are no medics , or engineers so you heal if you can stay out of enemy fire ( not as easy as it sounds due to the destructible surroundings )and as your experience points build up you can start to use some nifty deployables such as maned or unmanned weapon turrets , EMP weapons which will disable any enemy vehicles which come within range and of course the heavily publicised remote control drones .
I spent some time as a special ops soldier & he was very well rounded, nice carbine scoped & accurate , the C4 was great in that the blast radius was not so large as to force you to run for miles in order to survive the blast .But its the EMP weapon & deployables made him a veritable terminator . His EMP missile was able to knock choppers out of the air for your tank buddies to extract some revenge & I personally took a check point deployed a static grenade launcher & held the point against many foe . Tanks could be crippled with an EMP missile & then blown up wit some C4 , all in all this is a cool game lads.

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."
Forum Home \ Gaming Chat - Shooters New Thread New Reply