Login
register search gameSlave

Halo 3
Page 1  2 
ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
24 September 2007 14:24  Edited by ralinn on 24-Sep-07 at 14:26 Reply (Quote this message)
Personally, I've never had any PC FPS game give me the same experience as Halo did in Co-op on the Xbox. When Halo first came out, it didn't do anything new, it just tweaked and perfected many things. At the same time, it did have many flaws, I know... but they really didn't ruin my fun.

Halo 2 was different. I enjoyed and liked it but it didn't do anything new and yes, it was average compared to many PC FPS's out at the time.

Quote: StanAnd I didn't even have to call anyone a arrogant tit or a fanboy !

It's just the way you word some things. Intended or not, they came out as pretty arrogant.

Woof, I'm a clown!
Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
24 September 2007 14:35 Reply (Quote this message)
I agree there were some awesome moments in halo 1 in coop, mainly due to the sticky grens stuck on your coop partner and then gigling like a girl when they get blown up. But for me, for every one of those great moments there was 10 more ones of just being annoyed by the level design or it just being bland.
I liked the fact you could only carry two weapons, as average as I think halo was, it was a big step up for console fps games.
Halo 2 kinda reminds me of Superman 4 the quest for peace, I will leave you to make of that what you will.
I am still tempted to order halo 3, but I just know I will regret it and it will be a waste of 40 quid for me, because I am a pc gamer I expect more from my fps games than your average couch console gamer. Be that good or bad.

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
24 September 2007 14:38 Reply (Quote this message)
Now I have to get out of bed and go to the toilet, and I don't think mum will be too pleased if I take her laptop in with me.
So I will be back later. I expect you to have posted lots of reasons why I should buy Halo 3 and why it will be great.

ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
24 September 2007 15:00  Edited by ralinn on 24-Sep-07 at 15:00 Reply (Quote this message)
Gah, I have no idea if it's good or bad!

have a watch of this:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25484.html

Woof, I'm a clown!
Abstract

Forum rank 3 out of 5
24 September 2007 15:52 Reply (Quote this message)
Looks alright. I'm gonna get prawned online as i'm completely new to the game. Single-player missions look good, especially the boss battles. Got en e-mail from sendit.com saying they've dispatched my Halo 3

ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
24 September 2007 16:57 Reply (Quote this message)
Cool

I'm hoping they've gone back to the roots of Halo. 4 Player co-op is going to be amazing if they have.

Woof, I'm a clown!
Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
24 September 2007 17:04 Reply (Quote this message)
Seen that video before, cant say I like the look of most of it, bar a few of the outside bits and the boss battle.

Scrappy

Uber sex0r?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
24 September 2007 18:13 Reply (Quote this message)
Played it at the weekend (only co-op mind you). Have only played Halo. It was ok, good fun. I wasn't overly impressed with the graphics. Again maybe this is because I was playing split screen. Was very linear however. Best thing about it (and I'm not sure if you could do this in Halo2) was the ability to jump on a vehicle and bash the shit out of it, or drive it yourself.

malis

Forum rank 4 out of 5
24 September 2007 19:20 Reply (Quote this message)
I don't compare console FPS with PC FPS, as to me they're completely different breeds of game.

On the whole the Halo series has done nothing for me, Halo 1 had very repetitive levels, especially in the second half, while Halo 2 seemed more designed for multiplayer than as a coherent SP experience.

There's two types of multiplayer - split-screen and online. They're both very different and enjoyable in their own ways (goldeneye four-player is my fave ever gaming experience).
For me a console game has to have a decent single-player to really impress me, as PC online multiplayer is much more enjoyable to me.

I'll buy Halo 3 for the single-player and the split-screen fun. The reason I'm buying it after disliking the first two games is that with Halo 3 I feel Bungie finally has the hardware to deliver the experience they've been promising since Halo was first announced as a revolutionary PC title.

gameSlave
Maz

gameSlave Bike Wrecker

Forum rank 5 out of 5
24 September 2007 20:24 Reply (Quote this message)
I have to say Halo is the best Console FPS game, but doesnt touch the PC Scene.

still im getting halo 3 because i must.

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
Issue the orders Sir, and I will storm Hell.
KingKennedy

(Seph)

Forum rank 3 out of 5
24 September 2007 20:44 Reply (Quote this message)
FPS with a pad = shit. Xbox360 = shit. Halo = shit.

End of discussion ?

Felon

Forum rank 5 out of 5
24 September 2007 21:04 Reply (Quote this message)
Constructive post there Seph

Halo blew me away when it was released, I loved it so much I took 3 days off work to play it, Halo 2 was utter crap by comparison.

I dont think id buy Halo 3 though, Halo 2 put paid to that oh and the fact I got burgled and dont own a console anymore, we all know FPS games on a console is shit, I think we have discussed it many times. It does not mean the game is shit just because you use a pad/mouse.

GOW was an amazing game and that was on a pad, HL2 was amazing on the PC. As James said, different breeds of gaming.

and ralinn take a chill pill ;c)

Atari 2600 1978-81 -|- ZX81 Spectrum 1982-84 -|- Commodore 64 1984-87 -|- Amiga 500 1988-91 -|- Sega Mega Drive 1992-94 -|- Atari Jaguar 1994-95 -|- Sony PS1/2 1995-04 -|- MS Xbox 2003-06 -|- Flawless 360 01/12/06 and counting.. 28 years gaming, man im old
malis

Forum rank 4 out of 5
24 September 2007 21:36 Reply (Quote this message)
I don't agree that all FPS on consoles are shit, but each to their own.

gameSlave
Abstract

Forum rank 3 out of 5
24 September 2007 22:09 Reply (Quote this message)
FPS on consoles are good, just no where near as good as PC FPS.

Obi

Forum rank 1 out of 5
25 September 2007 20:01 Reply (Quote this message)
yes some fps games are good on consoles: timesplitters, goldeneye, the darkness, resistance. But i wouldnt put halo in this list. As has been said already, the levels are very bland and boring, they are all on the same level and some of the design is shocking. The multiplayer coop was fun for five mins but the rubbish gameplay soon makes it as boring as playing it on your own. Halo 2 is easily one of the worst games ive ever played and a total waste of money even at 10 quid, and from playing the beta of halo 3 i dont expect any better from it so ill be giving it a miss (especially considering i dont own a 360 anymore anyway )

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
25 September 2007 20:54 Reply (Quote this message)
Sold yours too?

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
26 September 2007 14:06  Edited by ralinn on 26-Sep-07 at 14:10 Reply (Quote this message)
I'll agree with Mal. I don't compare Console FPS's to PC FPS's. They're not (or not trying to be) PC FPS's, they're just different.

I'm gonna steal what a friend of mine said on this subject as it sums it up perfectly for me.

"I found the atmosphere and clean look of the first one quite a nice change from the very grungy settings of PC FPSes. It was rare for an FPS to have such open levels with compelling single player gameplay, along with vehicles which actually worked etc. The story was great, the environments were all very interesting and different from the usual stuff you saw at that time. It really hung together very well.

And at the time it did look gorgeous, especially compared with the crap which was out on PS2.

At the end I suppose it does come down to polish polish polish - but the sheer novelty underlying the polish of levels like the Silent Cartographer was a revolution imo."

I couldn't put it better myself really...

Woof, I'm a clown!
Abstract

Forum rank 3 out of 5
26 September 2007 15:15 Reply (Quote this message)
My copy still hasn't come! Sendit.com said they'd dispatched it days ago

Page 1  2 
Halo 3
Forum Home \ Gaming Chat - Shooters New Thread New Reply