Login
register search gameSlave

Halo 3
Page 1  2 
ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
23 September 2007 20:50 Reply (Quote this message)
Well, it's been getting very good solid reviews. Anyone getting it then?

Think I might be playing this online, especially in Co-Op.

Woof, I'm a clown!
Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
23 September 2007 20:52 Reply (Quote this message)
Not interested in it in the slightest.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
23 September 2007 20:54 Reply (Quote this message)
I might pick it up in a year when its 10 quid, but halo is the most over hyped piece of shit franchise ever. Kinda proves how shit console fps games are that most console gamers think Halo is the best fps game ever made.

ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
23 September 2007 21:03  Edited by ralinn on 23-Sep-07 at 21:05 Reply (Quote this message)
Should have known there would be posts like this...

Can't say I didn't try...

Anyway, sod it, this place is boring.

Woof, I'm a clown!
Abstract

Forum rank 3 out of 5
23 September 2007 21:04 Reply (Quote this message)
I've never played it before but i thought i'd give it a go. Pre-ordered the collectors edition.

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
23 September 2007 21:15  Edited by Stan on 23-Sep-07 at 21:18 Reply (Quote this message)
This is a forum is not ral ?
We are here to discuss things are we not ?
You asked us about the game did you not ?
Hell you even agreed halo 2 was a piece of shit, with bad a.i and bad level design and boring gameplay.
Rather than just getting pissed off and saying we are boring, why not say why you think we are wrong and why you think halo is a good game, lets get some talking going instead of just stomping off.

ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
23 September 2007 21:29  Edited by ralinn on 23-Sep-07 at 21:32 Reply (Quote this message)
I've learnt that there's no point with you Ryan. In one post, you've gone from slating a game you've not played, consoles FPS's in general, and most console gamers. I expected that kind of shit reply from you Ryan and tbh, it's just boring for me now, so I learn just to ignore it. I'd bother to reply to it if it wasn't so ****ing arrogant. It's never a discussion with you, it's ALWAYS one way.

It's a PC gamer forum, Nothing more. Boring, very boring.

P.S. I've never said anything about halo 2 having bad AI or being a 'piece of shit'. Bad level design in a lot of places, yes. I've always said I liked it, but it was never as good as the first. I also asked one simple question; "Is anyone getting it?"

Woof, I'm a clown!
Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
23 September 2007 21:36 Reply (Quote this message)
I didn't slag off console gamers at all, I said that generally console fps games are so bad, that they make halo look good.
I don't see how that is arrogant, its a point of view allot of pc gamers share, as for this being a pc gamer only forum, you not noticed how much we talk about films or music or football ? Not to mention how much we say we want mass effect, and how much we talked about dead rising and res evil 5, and all sorts of games that are on consoles. We/I just happen to think consoles are not the best place for fps games and that halo is pretty average.
You still have not said why you think Halo is a good game, no I havent played halo 3 bar the beta but I have seen videos and played the previous games, which gives me a pretty good base from which to form a opinion.

This is a forum, we discuss things, it would be bloody boring if we all just replied yes or not wouldnt it, no one would want to read it.
Please tell me why you like Halo 3, I am intrested, not to have a go at you or anything, I just want to know your opinion on what makes it and the previous games great.

Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
23 September 2007 22:14 Reply (Quote this message)
go away then Ralinn, if people can't express their opinion in you're threads then don't create any.

malis

Forum rank 4 out of 5
23 September 2007 22:40 Reply (Quote this message)
I will buy it for sure. The first 2 were very average in my opinion, but the third will come out at the peak of a console's lifespan and with the weight of experience on Bungie's shoulders. I've no doubt it will be a good game. Just how good will be interesting to see

gameSlave
Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
24 September 2007 11:04 Reply (Quote this message)

ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
24 September 2007 12:33  Edited by ralinn on 24-Sep-07 at 12:37 Reply (Quote this message)
Quote: Mani
go away then Ralinn, if people can't express their opinion in you're threads then don't create any.

You've changed your tune. I've never once said that no one can express their opinions. If it bores me then it bores me. I'm allowed my opinion as well, not just you. I don't give a **** about what anyone says, but I'm entitled to get annoyed when someone goes off on a PC fanboy huff (which is a heck of a ****ing lot here).

Threads like these are made and they don't last 5 seconds. The only reply they get are people saying "Not my bag", "console controllers are shit", "consoles FPS's are to dumbed down" etc etc, so I don't see why you can blame me for not wanting to stay here.

I seem to remember leaving for these reasons and you asking me to pop in now and again, so to avoid being rude, I done just that. If I don't share the same taste as anyone else, then there's no one I can really talk to, and that's why I left. So I'll be on my way again. It's definitely no loss to me.

Woof, I'm a clown!
Mani

Editor

Forum rank 5 out of 5
24 September 2007 13:01 Reply (Quote this message)
Because you go off on one every time someone doesn't agree with you. And to use you words, it's boring, very boring.

Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
24 September 2007 13:26 Reply (Quote this message)
Lets be honest here, while we are pc gamers at heart we are not fanboys in any way. There have been huge posts about console games when they rock, like zelda or the guitar hero games or any others.
Lets not get hostile, everyone has their views and they need to just explain them so others can at least understand their point oof view. Instead of just getting pissy.
I think the main reason why pc gamers dont like console fps games, is one due to aiming on the pad u just cannot aim as quickly or as accurately with a pad as you can with a mouse. Second I find that console fps games tend to all be on the same level, because looking up or down quickly on a pad is such a hassle. I just find pc fps games more involving, with better level design and far better controls.
Maybe eventually controllers like the wii one will become so good that u dont even need a mouse anymore, u just point at the screen and shoot, that would even up fps games on a console.
Not to mention most console games tend to have very little recoil on the guns so u can just hold down fire and kill things with auto aim, I just prefer a bit more skill in my games.
Bits of the original halo I loved, the sticky grenades and the buggy, but most of the rest of it just bored the crap out of me, even in coop, its like oh look another coridoor full of little enemies, I just could not relate or get involved.
Halo 2 I thought was utter shite except for the bit on the bridge which I just loved the style off. The levels where you played as the alien were not only badly designed, but half the time u would have to wait before u fired to make sure u didnt shoot your team mates instead of the nme, because they looked so damn similar.
Halo 3 looks very similar in that respect, bar some nice boss battles I seen.
Lets keep this civil ral, and talk about what u like about a genre, try and educate us "fanboys" rather than just getting pissed off and say we are boring.
The entire point of forums is to communicate with others.

ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
24 September 2007 13:36  Edited by ralinn on 24-Sep-07 at 13:45 Reply (Quote this message)
Quote: Mani
Because you go off on one every time someone doesn't agree with you. And to use you words, it's boring, very boring.

Nope, I don't. I only 'go off on one' when people post arrogant blindfolded replies and I don't ever remember using block capitols and exclamation marks, so I don't see how I can be going 'off on one'. TBH, there are people here that are the same and if not worse than me for that.

Woof, I'm a clown!
ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
24 September 2007 13:37 Reply (Quote this message)
Quote: StanThe entire point of forums is to communicate with others.

Ha, I'm not the only one guilty of that.

Woof, I'm a clown!
Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
24 September 2007 13:45 Reply (Quote this message)
Even if I disagree with some one about a game or a film, I still try to back that up by saying why and asking them why they like it, to try and get a conversation going, I really enjoy a good debate with people that doesnt have to turn into petty insults.

Fine if you ain't even going to bother to try and have a conversation I ain't going to bother wasting my time with your petty insults.
This will be my last post on this thread, I am sorry it couldn't have become a nice discussion about the pro's' and cons of halo or even fps gaming.

ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
24 September 2007 13:46  Edited by ralinn on 24-Sep-07 at 13:50 Reply (Quote this message)
Where exactly did I insult you directly, Ryan...?

Also, you only tried to turn it into a decent conversation after I complained.

Woof, I'm a clown!
ralinn

ninja?

Forum rank 4 out of 5
24 September 2007 14:02  Edited by ralinn on 24-Sep-07 at 14:03 Reply (Quote this message)
Quote: Stan
I am sorry it couldn't have become a nice discussion about the pro's' and cons of halo or even fps gaming.

Dude, I agree with that. But you say that now, but your first post was this:

I might pick it up in a year when its 10 quid, but halo is the most over hyped piece of shit franchise ever. Kinda proves how shit console fps games are that most console gamers think Halo is the best fps game ever made.

You honestly can't see why I got annoyed with that? Really?

Woof, I'm a clown!
Stan

Film Guru

Forum rank 5 out of 5
24 September 2007 14:16  Edited by Stan on 24-Sep-07 at 14:18 Reply (Quote this message)
I think it was a honest and true statement, I remember when I first bought a xbox purely for halo as it had been hailed as the best fps game ever made, safe to say that was one of the most disappointing moments I have ever had in gaming.
I paid 10 quid for halo 2, and even that was far too much for that piece of crap that cant even compare to a low budget pc shooter.
The trouble is with text is that you cannot tell the tone of a post, I still stand by my original statement to the halo games and franchise.
It is also true that because console games lack great fps games, that means even average ones are seen to be as good. Its the same for the pc and say beat em ups or games like Devil may cry, each format has its plus points and negative points.
Maybe I could have worded it better, but quite frankly it got my point across didnt it. And I didn't even have to call anyone a arrogant tit or a fanboy !

Page 1  2 
Halo 3
Forum Home \ Gaming Chat - Shooters New Thread New Reply